TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

A second Yuma Supercharger?

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest Supercharger locations' started by stevezzzz, May 7, 2014.

1. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX

A friend of mine who visits the Marine Corp air station regularly tells me that there's a Supercharger station under construction just across from the main gate at MCAS Yuma. I've asked him for photos; does anyone else know anything about this?

If it's true, you have to wonder what special circumstances might have prompted Tesla to build a second SpC in Yuma; a fleet deal, perhaps? There is a Jack-in-the-Box in that spot, and many of the other AZ SpC's are located in Jack-in-the-Box parking lots.

2. araxara

araxara S-P85#3,218 X-90D#3,299

Actually, the fast food restaurant in AZ you are thinking of is Carl’s Jr.

3. stevezzzz

Doh!

My source now tells me that the construction is on the east side of the Chevron gas station and convenience store located just north of the J-i-t-B, but he took no photos.

4. stevezzzz

I asked the Tesla Supercharger team what's up with this. They say they're not building a second Yuma Supercharger. So I wonder just what my friend saw that made him think it's a SpC?