Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A simple fix for the User Interface

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The current interface has the large map as the default for the right hand portion of the screen. Most of us don't use Navigation in our daily driving so why not make the map screen a selectable option?

The area now used by the map could become a "Driving" screen.. This could have quick access buttons for wipers, defrosters, seat heaters, etc. and information cards for energy use, trip info, tire pressure, turn-by-turn, etc. This would eliminate the unnecessary head scratching and menu diving in the V11 UI.

Good suggestion. I miss the cards the most in V11. They brought back most of the other "missing" things from V10, but the cards are still absent. For us Model 3/Y owners we now basically have a single tasking system. Cards allowed you to see multiple pieces of info at once - tire pressure, trip info, etc, at the same time as displaying a map or music. Now you can't and this is a huge drawback in V11 that still exists.

Cards are gone.. face it.
As everyone gets the new stack that space will be taken up by greater road visualisation.

Plus they were an absolutely horribly bad UI being a hidden target in the middle of the screen with no visual reference.

For those who want easy access to this info Tesla just needs to add a Tyres and Trip button that you can drag to the taskbar.

Teslas are far better when you use navigation, even on your regular routes. I just have the voice off. Particularly with Premium Subscription I'm always looking at live traffic, and regularly get rerouted.

Reactions: Hayseed_MS