Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A sincere effort from a hater to adapt to living in a world with Teslas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I keep thinking how pleasant it would be to have an in person one on one conversation with others who have opinions different from our own. A civil, respectful exchange of ideas. But I never envisioned a situation in which we shared different sets of "facts." Not that differing sets of facts are so relevant to this thread. Discussions like this one are definitely helpful but I'm hungry for the face to face arguments I remember from college, decades ago, where you could go out for a beer together afterward, no hard feelings. It's just the idea of actually having the opportunity to read the face and emotions of the other person and have the opportunity to know them more completely. Too much anger today, at least in our neighborhood, to do much of that. Sad.
I apologize for going a little off topic.
I'd be happy to have that beer with you Beasts. I also remember a time in history when people talked. People and their opinions are more complex than can be inferred reading a few on line posts.

Reactions: Beasts
When that little 3-letter word comes into any discussion involving science, you know that's the end of it. Everyone can stop wasting your time to inquire, question, or argue against the OP's position on the environment because you know it's a losing battle. Anything that's infallible doesn't belong in the realm of science or reason.
To quote from Hamlet:

'

‘There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy’​

Reactions: ayavner
IMHO Stephen Hawking is a poor choice as a fountain of wisdom.

Although I appreciate his scientific knowledge and his ablilty to overcome serious medical adversity, his character left much to be desired and his failure to recognize the hand of God in Creation, or even God Himself disqualifies him in my estimation as a wise man.

With that said, I choose to drop this conversation as neither one of us will convert the other to his way of thinking and mutual respect will obviate an argument:)

Last edited:
IMHO Stephen Hawking is a poor choice as a fountain of wisdom.

Although I appreciate his scientific knowledge and his ablilty to overcome serious medical adversity, his character left much to be desired and his failure to recognize the hand of God in Creation, or even God Himself disqualifies him in my estimation as a wise man.

With that said, I choose to drop this conversation as neither one of us will convert the other to his way of thinking and mutual respect will obviate an argument:)
Someone in scientific research told me Hawking just writes books for easy digest mainstream such as Amazon and Oprah’s book club reading list. He doesn’t even make it to the top 10 scientists. That and famous for overcoming adversity.