Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A slight conflict with Cats and Teslas

Zorak03

Nov 27, 2018
Alabama/China
A stray cat decided to make our home her home a few months ago. I find I have to be real careful because, since the Tesla makes no noise, she has no fear of the car. She has no issues with running under it while its moving, will not move when she is sitting in its parking spot and will even chase it down the driveway. Cat owners use caution.

OPRCE

Jun 16, 2018
Bern, CH
A stray cat decided to make our home her home a few months ago. I find I have to be real careful because, since the Tesla makes no noise, she has no fear of the car. She has no issues with running under it while its moving, will not move when she is sitting in its parking spot and will even chase it down the driveway. Cat owners use caution.

Did you check if a small tweety-bird hasn't died in the frunk?

SageBrush

REJECT Fascism
May 7, 2015
New Mexico
We have developed a habit of *always* looking under the car at home before getting in the car, and even so I honk my horn before I drive off.

zhu-

custom title
Oct 24, 2018
NJ
Check to see if any leaves or anything might be under the car. The cat might be chasing after something it's seeing underneath.

SMAlset

Mar 4, 2017
SF Bay Area
Hopefully she won't want to sit on your hood and she's declawed. A neighborhood cat some years ago liked to hop up on our Avalon hood and then jump up on the roof I guess. Cat pawprints in the dust on the car gave it away.

NeverFollow

Aug 9, 2010
We have developed a habit of *always* looking under the car at home before getting in the car, and even so I honk my horn before I drive off.
I wonder if the battery might be a little bit warm when you come back and park the car?
If so your cat might took the habit to stay under your car?

kbecks13

Dec 27, 2017
SoCal
Check to see if any leaves or anything might be under the car. The cat might be chasing after something it's seeing underneath.

It's probably just going for the warm battery, i've heard of many types of animals sitting under a charging Tesla because it's warm.

SMAlset

Mar 4, 2017
SF Bay Area
Time to have all your finger-nails yanked.

All of my cats were house cats and had been declawed when I got them. However I have had neighborhood cats come into our yard and tear up patio chair covers. Scratching the paint on a car hood is a real possibility and based on clawing through our thick patio covers don't see a car cover providing enough protection. Tough when you have to park your car outside. BTW I don't claw my car so no need. ;):p

Matt L

Jul 20, 2018
OK USA
Seems like this is a self fixing issue. (Outsource the clean up)

• Disagree
Reactions: evannole

timk225

Mar 24, 2016
Pittsburgh
I disapprove of anyone who declaws a cat. Get your fingertips cut off at the first knuckle, which is the equivalent, and see how you like it.

Reactions: jerry33

jerry33

(S85-3/2/13 traded in) X LR: F2611##-3/27/20
Mar 8, 2012
Texas
No problem. Cat proof furniture.
new_chairs.jpg

• Love
Reactions: MitchMitch

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC