Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A slight conflict with Cats and Teslas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A stray cat decided to make our home her home a few months ago. I find I have to be real careful because, since the Tesla makes no noise, she has no fear of the car. She has no issues with running under it while its moving, will not move when she is sitting in its parking spot and will even chase it down the driveway. Cat owners use caution.

Did you check if a small tweety-bird hasn't died in the frunk?

A stray cat decided to make our home her home a few months ago. I find I have to be real careful because, since the Tesla makes no noise, she has no fear of the car. She has no issues with running under it while its moving, will not move when she is sitting in its parking spot and will even chase it down the driveway. Cat owners use caution.
We have developed a habit of *always* looking under the car at home before getting in the car, and even so I honk my horn before I drive off.

Hopefully she won't want to sit on your hood and she's declawed. A neighborhood cat some years ago liked to hop up on our Avalon hood and then jump up on the roof I guess. Cat pawprints in the dust on the car gave it away.

Time to have all your finger-nails yanked.

All of my cats were house cats and had been declawed when I got them. However I have had neighborhood cats come into our yard and tear up patio chair covers. Scratching the paint on a car hood is a real possibility and based on clawing through our thick patio covers don't see a car cover providing enough protection. Tough when you have to park your car outside. BTW I don't claw my car so no need. ;):p

Seems like this is a self fixing issue. (Outsource the clean up)

• Disagree
Reactions: evannole
No problem. Cat proof furniture.
new_chairs.jpg

• Love
Reactions: MitchMitch