Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A static Model 3 Battery!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am thinking of using just a Model 3 battery for an off-the-grid property to be charged with renewable energy resources (also so I can charge my Tesla Car from it, when I get there - out in the wilds)!
Elon said a few weeks ago he was making the s/w open source - so what does this exactly mean?
Is it relative to the user interface in the cars of which I am not interested in - but rather the s/w that controls the battery charger in the "penthouse" of the Model 3 battery (of which I am interested in).
I wish to use the in-built charger and monitoring system within the Model 3 battery but I need to interface it to "The Outside World".
Has anyone details of (1) the connector interface and (2) the s/w interface/commands to make this a practical proposition.
Obviously I do not want to infringe any copyright - but if it is commercially available or available from Tesla (being open source [or for sale from Tesla] ) then I would be exceedingly interested for connections to any person(s) who can help to make this idea of mine a reality.
Thank you all in advance.

Jack Ricard at EVTV was working on this. EVTV already offers for sale hardware and software that uses battery modules from the S or X for home (or RV) storage. Sadly, Jack has passed away. Perhaps the EVTV team will get this done for the Model 3 battery without him.

GSP