Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A Sunday Drive - 12 June

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Victorian members

My self and another Tesla owner are arranging a drive day on Sunday, 12 June. The plan is to leave Nth East Melbourne around 10-30am and drive the back roads across the lower Strathbogie ranges before arriving at Fowles Wines, Avenel, for lunch, before travelling back to Melbourne in a convoy down the Hume.

If you prefer or have a smaller battery car you may choose to head straight up the Hume and meet at the winery.

If you are interested please let me know asap so we can let Fowles know approximate numbers.

Included in the day will be some info for the soon to be announced Tesla Owners Club of Australia Inc. which is part of Tesla's official club program.

Hi Victorian members

My self and another Tesla owner are arranging a drive day on Sunday, 12 June. The plan is to leave Nth East Melbourne around 10-30am and drive the back roads across the lower Strathbogie ranges before arriving at Fowles Wines, Avenel, for lunch, before travelling back to Melbourne in a convoy down the Hume.

If you prefer or have a smaller battery car you may choose to head straight up the Hume and meet at the winery.

If you are interested please let me know asap so we can let Fowles know approximate numbers.

Included in the day will be some info for the soon to be announced Tesla Owners Club of Australia Inc. which is part of Tesla's official club program.

Sounds good, my car is due on the 18th June, so I'll be just a little bit late getting there.

Alpal & Electricdave confirmed. There are only 9 places left as Fowles Wine has limited space on this weekend. The event has been promoted on 2 FB pages and Slack, plus Richmond SC has (I'm told) also promoted it.

I'm in a similar situation as Novatec, car not arriving till 1st week in July however this is a great idea - count me in.
I can get to Fowles Wines by 12.30, but if anyone is travelling solo and would like some company I would appreciate a lift and the opportunity to engage in some pre-lunch tesla_talk.
Having to ICE it whilst being around a bunch of Teslas would be too much to bear ..... :eek:
Please send PM or direct message on Slack @Nickdp

Event for the Sunday Drive to Fowles Wines on the 12 June is now full.

Could everyone who has put their names down here, Slack or Facebook with Mark or myself please confirm with their final number.
The cost for the fixed price menu is $50 per person + drinks.

Menu selection is 1 each of: Entree: Pan fried quail w pumpkin puree, pancetta, brown butter & sage OR Twice cooked goats cheese soufflé with peppers & olives OR Antipasti & charcuterie;
Main: Roasted eye fillet with potato & celeriac gallette & caramelized onion herb butter OR Confit duck leg in a coriander crepe w mandarin sauce OR Chickpea & pumpkin tagine w spinach & feta pie & spiced eggplant chutney;
Dessert: Date & ginger pudding w butterscotch sauce OR Vanilla pannacotta w Frizzante strawberries & biscotti OR Individual cheese plate served w red wine poached pear & crackers.

Exact time and place to meet on the morning of event will be confirmed next week.

Good news for wine drinkers. It just so happens that when we get to Fowles Wines on our outing, they just happen to be having a big wine sale that weekend. Keep some spare space in those large boots and froots for some bargains.

Our HUGE WINE SHED SALE will be held over the Queen's Birthday Weekend from 11 - 13 June at our Cellar Door Café.

Due to export overruns, a bulging warehouse and vintage roll-overs, there will be ridiculously good savings on some ridiculously good wines, helping you to restock your cellar for winter.

As a valued Friend of Fowles Wine we don't want you to miss out on some of the best bargains, so here's a few pre-sale exclusives for you.

Let's get this party started.....
StoneDwellers_Chardonnay_Pinot_NV1.jpg

Stone Dwellers NV Chardonnay Pinot Noir: With slight hues of rose, this lively Sparkling Chardonnay Pinot Noir has a pretty floral and peach nose. Stone fruits and citrus notes play on the palate with some hints of strawberry. RRP $264 per Dozen

BUY NOW $165 per Dozen (price includes your FoFW discount and FREE FREIGHT)

StoneDwellers_Cabernet_Sauvignon_NV_lowres11.jpg

Stone Dwellers 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon: While wonderfully rich and juicy, this Cabernet retains its hallmark elegance and as our Chief Winemaker Victor Nash said: “It shows what Cabernet in a hot vintage can do in a cool climate”.. now where is that porterhouse?

• GOLD MEDAL. Royal Melbourne Wine Awards
  • SILVER MEDAL. Victorian Wines Show
RRP $150 per SIX PACK

BUY NOW $115 per SIX PACK (price includes your FoFW discount and FREE FREIGHT)

And to finish on a very bright note… We've gone solar!!! This is the final stage of our solar panel installation which will generate enough power for our entire Avenel site including the warehouse, bottling line, administration office and Cellar Door Cafe. Keep an eye out for more exciting and sustainable improvements to come…

13254179_10154351907987384_65068333925450199_n.jpg

Good news!

Space is now available for two more people to come to our highly anticipated Sunday Drive to Fowles Wines this coming Sunday.

These 2 spaces are limited by the winery in their restaurant/cafe. This will be strictly 'first come first served' and is being promoted on FB, TMC and Slack.

First to reply gets the spaces.

From Mark on Slack Meet-up is at 10.30 am at Whittlesea Park - opposite showground entrance

tippo[10:23 AM]@cdfleischmann: and I did some very spirited driving of the test route and got back on a single charge although we did have to slow down to 80 to make it.I've now changed the route and lopped off 40km so should be fine. Smaller batteried cars and lead foot drivers may need to head 20mins up the road to Euroa but should be comfortably doable without a top up.Route is
1 meet at Whittlesea Park
2 head to Kinglake West
3 Flowerdale pub to regroup
4 Strath Creek
5 up the cutting
6 into Broadford
7 along Hume to Avenel and Fowles Wines
8 Enjoy lunch
9 head home or to Euroa on groups (depending on your needs)

From Mark on Slack Meet-up is at 10.30 am at Whittlesea Park - opposite showground entrance

tippo[10:23 AM]@cdfleischmann: and I did some very spirited driving of the test route and got back on a single charge although we did have to slow down to 80 to make it.I've now changed the route and lopped off 40km so should be fine. Smaller batteried cars and lead foot drivers may need to head 20mins up the road to Euroa but should be comfortably doable without a top up.Route is
1 meet at Whittlesea Park
2 head to Kinglake West
3 Flowerdale pub to regroup
4 Strath Creek
5 up the cutting
6 into Broadford
7 along Hume to Avenel and Fowles Wines
8 Enjoy lunch
9 head home or to Euroa on groups (depending on your needs)