Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A Tesla Owner with Cancer's Dying Dream

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I said earlier this story is amazing, what keeps bugging me - and I hope this doesn’t offend anyone - is if Elon showing up was him wanted to do a good thing or an his ego since Matt wanted to meet the man behind the man ...
Elon was participating in making it special, like so many of his employees. And the note I received right after was that Alan & Matt were shaking, they were so excited to have met Elon. Please don't ruin it with speculation like this.

I sent the link for Alan's FaceBook page to Electrek yesterday and they ran the complete story today :cool:
Tesla gives VIP experience to a top customer fighting cancer, meets Elon Musk and Franz von Holzhausen
Electrek’s Take
It’s heartwarming to see his friends and Tesla put this experience together for him. And to be fair, Tesla generally doesn’t publicize those things. We originally got an email from a reader about Alan’s effort to make this happen. Like many others, we shared it with Tesla and now this post is based on Alan sharing the experience on Facebook.
matt-chan-tesla.jpg

Alan -- we're on it. Will see if we can help.
Please get this message to Matthew:
I tried sending to Allan Miller but got no response.

Matthew, I know it is mentioned in the article that you will be starting Chemotherapy soon. Since you are a doctor, you may want to consider finding out more about a new cancer treatment that utilizes the immune system to kill the cancer cells by blocking a protein that keeps the immune cells from attacking the cancer cells. It is a new drug being developed by Bristol Myers Squibb, which I have no affiliation with. You get an inoculation once and that is it. I am not sure how effective it is on colon cancer, but it has been successfully used for lung cancer and melanomas. You may want to see if it could be an effective treatment for colon cancer.

Yale doctor calls new treatment for lung cancer ‘miraculous’

Years ago I was diagnosed with Epstein Barr Virus infection and I was sick for may months until I found that when I ate garlic spaghetti sauce, my symptoms cleared up right away. I found a blog on Massachusetts General that had a doctor talking about how garlic increases the immunes systems natural killer cell response to virus infected human cells and also has antibacterial properties. I always believed that natural killer cell was the bodies way of dealing with virus infected cells and cancer cells as well (which often are caused by a viral infection). However it appears based on the latest research that the cancer cell produces a protein that blocks the immune system from killing the cancer cell. So it may be worth trying the BMS drug since you are in stage 4. You also might try taking some ground up garlic as well (only side affect is bad breath) as it certainly can't hurt. Since I started eating garlic, both my wife and I have not been sick with viral infections nearly as often as we had prior to taking garlic. If you could let me know if you try th BMS drug and it works, that would be useful for many of us to know. If you get better, I would love to talk to you more about your work in Radiology.
I could not find your email at all to contact you directly. I think that is one of the biggest problems in getting information to the right people. There is no way of finding peoples contact information if they are not on a social network.
Praying for your full recovery,
Pete Thomas

From Matts Facebook page, RIP.

With a heavy heart, the Chan family announces the passing of Matthew Samuel Chan, our beloved husband, father, son, and brother. After finishing his courageous battle with cancer on November 1, 2019, Matt is now at home with his Heavenly Father. His devotion to his family and his firm belief in God supported him in his struggle and ultimately gave him peace.