TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

a Tesla that makes coffee

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by cipherTK, Aug 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. cipherTK

cipherTK New Member

hi folks,
    here is my stupid but yet fun summer project: find how to attach a coffee brewer machine to my french Tesla Model S.
    using capsules in a machine plugged to my 12 Volts plug would be rad. So when people ask me "yes, nice, but does it makes coffee" i could anwser YES!

i just don't know how possible it is, how to adapt it, what coffee machine could do that.
    ideas welcome :)

2. thimel

thimel Member

A coffee maker typically uses 1500 Watts. The 12 Volt outlet in the car has at most a 20 Amp fuse allowing 240 Watts. So you would have to wire a high power inverter to a new connection to the 12 V battery with a larger fuse.

3. Lasairfion

Lasairfion Member

Handpresso! Because autopilot doesn't work everywhere and you need a caffeine fix :p

On the road

4. Graphene

Graphene Member

I have no ideas but wish you the best of luck, sounds like a fun project!

5. cipherTK

cipherTK New Member

aw yes, i knew it could exist ! thanks folks.
    i will post pics when it is done

• Like x 1
  6. Teslogs

Teslogs New Member

Let's see some photos!

7. Randy Spencer

Randy Spencer Member

Someday someone is going to have to figure out a great way to attach an inverter directly to the Tesla battery. The DC to DC connection that charges the 12-volt battery isn't powerful enough to do much. It would be nice to be able to plug my trailer into the Tesla and run it's kitchen off of that. Have outlets on the car that can run power equipment at a job site. Or like this thread suggests, run a Keurig. Whoever does it will have to communicate with the car to let it know the power is being taken. Perhaps one of the Tesla Killers will come out with a coffee maker and goad Tesla into engineering the inverter for their cars too.

-Randy