Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A Theory on this Week's Announcement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Concerning batteryswapping, it could be that Tesla took over the taxi-test in LA! formerly awarded to coda!

Any other batteryswapping is not feasable I guess! Unless Tesla starts leasing it's battery's, and ads batteryswapping to this service!
Leasing the battery lowers the price of the Model S. The car can still Supercharge, and with the swapping-possibility as soon as stations pop up
Maybe ideal service for taxi-fleets?

An additional possitif effect of batteryswap-stations is energystorage! With more and more renewables comming online, the problem becomes where to dump the load!
In some states you already get paid to use electricity! ;-)

Concerning batteryswapping, it could be that Tesla took over the taxi-test in LA! formerly awarded to coda!

Any other batteryswapping is not feasable I guess! Unless Tesla starts leasing it's battery's, and ads batteryswapping to this service!
Leasing the battery lowers the price of the Model S. The car can still Supercharge, and with the swapping-possibility as soon as stations pop up
Maybe ideal service for taxi-fleets?

An additional possitif effect of batteryswap-stations is energystorage! With more and more renewables comming online, the problem becomes where to dump the load!
In some states you already get paid to use electricity! ;-)

Let's take this discussion over here: Swapping is Coming [Discuss how it will be accomplished]

- - - Updated - - -

Mods, maybe we should close this thread? The event has happened, not sure there is more to say.

CT, I read your original post again. I must say it is fascinating piece of detective work. The way you piece together the clue and evidence together and make such a brilliant prediction just in time is priceless. It is a perfect movie script for a business thriller.

BTW, from the movement of the stock, I don't think the profound significance has been priced in yet. Perhaps it takes a while for what you have analyze to get to the major press and only then it will propel the next round of momentum.

Status
Not open for further replies.