Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A thought on AP 2.0 from a September Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I, like everyone else who took delivery in the last few weeks, hit the forums in anticipation of finding some shred of hope that my 25 day old car would be able to be retrofitted with AP 2.0 hardware. I started thinking I missed the bus until I actually started to think about it: I have never owned a car that was so much fun to drive, and looking at the future, this will probably be the last car I own that I can actually drive, and the next one might not even have a steering wheel! There is no doubt that AP 1.0 will get the highway features before it is all said and done, and the level 5 stuff is still a ways away (both regulatory ans software wise) so I say, enjoy the heck out of the last car you may actually get the pleasure of driving, because I have a feeling we will be looking back in ten years, saying remember when that corvette pulled up next to my Tesla, and the light turned green, and I left him in my dust, er , fresh air... yeah, those were the good ol' days.

I totally agree. I was thinking the exact same thing on my way home tonight. I only want a car, or another person, driving me when I have to deal with awful traffic.

I LOVE!!! driving. It is actually my most favorite thing to do, along with polishing my baby. I have loved it since way before I could drive. And now with AP 1.0, I enjoy the crappy drives too because I simply sit back and watch. But the second I can actually get going, I take over.

I love the sport of it (I live in the mountains-that's my commute!), the challenge of pushing the limits on the twisties, the sense of miles flying by on the highway, the freedom of it, and the beauty of a fantastically designed machine, whether that be My Tesla or other beautifully made machines.

Reactions: fasteddie7