Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A thread for people with no problems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I must be in the minority here, and I'm okay with that, but I just thought I'd create a thread for those of us that have had trouble-free experiences so far since I've searched the site and been unable to find one.

It's been 637 days and 46,275 km since I got my Model S. So far I have not had to replace a door handle, mirror, touchscreen, drive unit, charge-port door, or any other piece of hardware. I have added windshield washer fluid, once. I have rotated the tires 4 times with even tire wear and no noticeable brake wear. I have had a tire puncture repaired, but am still on my original 19" Michelins (I have not yet put winter tires on, but might need to this year) and have my original 12V battery and wiper blades. My car has never seen a Ranger or a service centre, although I'll probably get the 2-year service done later this year now that a service centre has opened about 3 hours away. I have replaced one windshield, and 2 weeks after getting the replacement got another un-fixable rock chip, however I don't see that as being a quality-control problem. I have rashed 2 rims slightly :( but that's all on me.

I have had the usual issues with GPS getting confused, non-random shuffle play of USB-sourced music, the car occasionally not triggering the garage door to open or close, and other software-related items. I don't consider those to be "problems", because they are annoying when they happen but they usually resolve on their own, and if not then a reboot cures it. Except the non-random shuffle; it will be a happy day indeed when they figure out that seemingly insurmountable technical challenge :D.

I am grateful that I have not had to deal with issues that many or most of you have, and I'm not trying to minimize those who have had issues, but I did want to point out that Tesla does have the ability to build a quality, reliable car, and I'm glad that I got one of those ones. Hopefully I haven't jinxed myself with this thread :rolleyes:. Any other trouble-free owners out there?

Just past 20k miles on our x90d and no issues except for a couple screws and nails in the tires (3 separate occasions).

This is a relatively early model x (vin 5xxx). I was worried about the doors. It was one of the main reasons we had the entire car wrapped because I thought they would hit something at some point in time but they never did. They stop in time in the garage, next to other cars or bushes. The only thing they have hit is people's heads on the way down (not cool, pretty much user error).

It has been a great car so far with zero service. I recently had them check out why my WiFi never connected at the house (it works at the service center) but that seems to be an issue on my end (poor subnet choice on my end).

So yes, zero issue. I could thank Elon again but also a special thanks to all the Tesla employees whom worked so hard to get this car on the road.

Other than typical (misaligned body panels, random squeaky noises here and there, temperamental media handling and occasional soft reboots) I am very happy so far. The grin is not going away and the car is as fun to drive as when I first drove it. I might not be the best source of inspiration here since I only had it for 3 months, but with almost 8k miles on it so far I am super content.

Maybe it is because I did an extensive research before I took a plunge. I also knew that this is more of a super-computer than a car, and I know well enough that these binary types have more moods than zeros or ones :p

Reactions: TLej and boaterva
I must be in the minority here, and I'm okay with that, but I just thought I'd create a thread for those of us that have had trouble-free experiences so far since I've searched the site and been unable to find one.

It's been 637 days and 46,275 km since I got my Model S. So far I have not had to replace a door handle, mirror, touchscreen, drive unit, charge-port door, or any other piece of hardware. I have added windshield washer fluid, once. I have rotated the tires 4 times with even tire wear and no noticeable brake wear. I have had a tire puncture repaired, but am still on my original 19" Michelins (I have not yet put winter tires on, but might need to this year) and have my original 12V battery and wiper blades. My car has never seen a Ranger or a service centre, although I'll probably get the 2-year service done later this year now that a service centre has opened about 3 hours away. I have replaced one windshield, and 2 weeks after getting the replacement got another un-fixable rock chip, however I don't see that as being a quality-control problem. I have rashed 2 rims slightly :( but that's all on me.

I have had the usual issues with GPS getting confused, non-random shuffle play of USB-sourced music, the car occasionally not triggering the garage door to open or close, and other software-related items. I don't consider those to be "problems", because they are annoying when they happen but they usually resolve on their own, and if not then a reboot cures it. Except the non-random shuffle; it will be a happy day indeed when they figure out that seemingly insurmountable technical challenge :D.

I am grateful that I have not had to deal with issues that many or most of you have, and I'm not trying to minimize those who have had issues, but I did want to point out that Tesla does have the ability to build a quality, reliable car, and I'm glad that I got one of those ones. Hopefully I haven't jinxed myself with this thread :rolleyes:. Any other trouble-free owners out there?

Hurrah for you and me! and for anyone else with similar experiences. My own car has been very good (although i have had a couple of parts replaced, and I have driven a lot fewer miles), and i was just posting in another thread that I think I got "one of the good ones."

About 23,000 miles, never stuck or stranded, only one very minor issue with initial build, 2 part failures. I have used a lot more wiper blades and washer fluid than you, though!

Reactions: TLej and arcus
We had one issue. The rattle above the back passenger door was fixed in fifteen minutes. Although we live 110 miles from either the factory or Rocklin, we just waited until we happened by, and went on our merry way to Nevada.

We have 55,000 miles on our two year old (Storm's birthday today). I have never taken my car in for any other service. My original Michelins lasted 42,000 miles, and we drive curvy mountain roads every day. I routinely beat cycles off the line, camaros, tricked out Hondas, a Bentley. Hey, you do what you can. Best car ever. Still looks and drives like new.

Reactions: gjunky and TLej
I'll add my 2016 S90D to the list. 35,000 + kilometers on the clock. Went in for annual service once, rotated the (original) tires, they're still 5/32 all around. Had a few rattles, traced them, fixed them (soft part of velcro). Most of the driving is a daily commute of about 140 km round trip. Two longish trips (SoCal and Oregon for the eclipse ). I typically charge at home (35% to 70%), except on trips. I use ABRP for trip planning, mostly SpC's wherever I go, and am finding very good correlation between predicted and actual energy usage. Lifetime average energy usage is 192 Wh/km ~ 307 Wh/mi.

Reactions: TLej
There are problems and then there are PROBLEMS.

I don't feel like I've had any real problems. Issue with my AC when I first got the car which was resolved at SC in 4 hours and given a loaner. One squeak which I resolved with a TMC member at a gas station!!! LOL

Other than that, nothing to speak of but still loving the sheer joy of driving my car every single day.

BTW - unrelated...but anyone know how accurate the battery metrics are from evtripping when connected to your car? I am looking at my log metrics and the numbers almost seem too good to be true.

Reactions: TLej
People are far more likely to post complaints, than "everything is good" so it is easy to get the impression that problems are more common than they really are. So thanks for starting this thread.

2015 Model S, 34k miles, no problems.
2016 Model X, 11k miles, no problems.
Had a couple issues, which never left me stranded with our Sig 85 and one with our Roadster.