Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A ton of "new inventory" P90D's on tesla.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm where? So for instance this car - Model S 85D 122217 | Tesla Motors .. all I see is this -->

View attachment 185663

I don't know what you're doing wrong...

upload_2016-7-16_22-20-26.png

I think I figured why the leases are cheaper. The residual values may be based off the MSRP which are $25k+ more.

This would make lease very attractive.

Idea in mind: lease car, return it, buy comparable CPO car after 3 years which I suspect will go for $50k (with the 3 around etc), have another 50k mile warranty on it.

Reactions: bhzmark
Excellent. With the gigafactory opening in 2 weeks it looks like we are finally about to see the P100D. Or maybe 105/110D? :)

I see the similey face, but unless there's a massive surprise next week at the GF opening, the GF is not yet producing batteries. They're just building Poweralls there with Panasonic batteries. So it's still going to be some time until battery production comes online at the GF.

Ok this is weird. I opened a private browsing session, and now I see the cash price. Maybe it's reading my mytesla cookie and behaving differently!? So odd!

Yeah, the Tesla preowned site plays games with cookies and geo-location, so it's not surprising a new browser session fixed that. Try deleting your cookies and trying again.

If you have "gap coverage", which is recommended on a lease then you will walk away owing nothing.

I'm going with Liberty Mutual w/ New Car Replacement for the first year (effectively gap insurance), which means I'll get what I put in as my down payment if it get's totaled in the first year and walk away owing nothing. But yeah gap insurance is definitely recommended. But my current car's insurance agent didn't know what gap insurance was.

It sounds to me leasing a base model S is a complete rip off then if these quotes are accurate. I mean on a $80k 60D (with barely anything other than leather and autopilot) the lease is $922 a month.

On a nearly fully loaded P90D (no ludicrous) it's $1050 a month! Car is worth like $125k - $130k MSRP??

I would argue that even buying the S60 is a rip off with the resale value guarantee gone! I don't know how much a used 3 year old 60D will be worth when the 3 is widely available (same range etc). I would not be surprised if the car sells for $40k or less..meaning losing nearly as much money as the lease on the P90D