Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A Tractor Trailer in My Garage!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I should have said driveway, not garage.
Imagine my surprise when I was returning returning home and just outside my garage door and suddenly there was a tractor trailer right next to me! It passed me and then positioned itself diagonally right in front of me. It was especially surprising since it didn't show up until after driving 300 feet up my driveway and making a right turn toward the garage. Phantom braking is one thing but mistaking my garage for a 40 ton truck is something else altogether. The only things to the left of me, which is where the truck appeared to be, are a few small plants beyond another lane of concrete pad. I am just guessing about the computer's confusion but the garage was the only large object anywhere near and it was directly in front of me? Certainly supports my decision not to opt for FSD.

I should have said driveway, not garage.
Imagine my surprise when I was returning returning home and just outside my garage door and suddenly there was a tractor trailer right next to me! It passed me and then positioned itself diagonally right in front of me. It was especially surprising since it didn't show up until after driving 300 feet up my driveway and making a right turn toward the garage. Phantom braking is one thing but mistaking my garage for a 40 ton truck is something else altogether. The only things to the left of me, which is where the truck appeared to be, are a few small plants beyond another lane of concrete pad. I am just guessing about the computer's confusion but the garage was the only large object anywhere near and it was directly in front of me? Certainly supports my decision not to opt for FSD.
Not only does the latest update show the side of my house as a tractor trailer when I’m in my driveway, but although I’m at least two feet from the house (and parked parallel to the house bumper to bumper), this is what the MY thinks:

Attachments

• 2611C917-6503-4149-9E06-988C60B99286.jpeg
    2611C917-6503-4149-9E06-988C60B99286.jpeg
    730.8 KB · Views: 61
  • 6256DBFB-836C-4998-A0DE-225500AC633E.jpeg
    6256DBFB-836C-4998-A0DE-225500AC633E.jpeg
    729.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Helpful
Reactions: Beasts