Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A unique EV raffle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is an opportunity to win a very unique EV being raffled in support of the Historic Electric Vehicle Foundation. The foundation runs the Route 66 Electric Vehicle Museum, the world's first dedicated EV museum, which opened in 2014 in Kingman, AZ. The car they are raffling is a street-legal modern replica of a 'horseless carriage'-style EV. They received this replica as a donation, but discovered that its design does not match any known early EV, so they have decided to update it to resemble a 1903 Columbia Electric for the raffle. New hardware and design elements are being added as well as period carriage lights fitted with LEDs.

The HEVF is a great non-profit organization dedicated to the history of EVs. Their museum is located in the Powerhouse Visitor Center, a historic building in Kingman, AZ that once supplied power to the town, and which also holds an Arizona Route 66 museum upstairs. I first visited the Route 66 EV Museum during opening weekend in 2014, during that year's International Route 66 Festival. They have a great collection of historic EVs on display from 1909 to the present; from small cars, carts and buggies, to a 2002 Rav4 EV, a factory-built electric Chevy S-10 pickup, and the fastest EV in the world - a rocket-like car built by Ohio State and on loan from the NHRA museum in California. On opening weekend, Tudor Melville brought his Model S to the museum to represent for Tesla, and they had the legendary White Zombie on temporary display - a street-legal electrified 1972 Datsun 1200 that is a half-second quicker than even a P100D. (0-60 in 1.8 seconds!)

The HEVF has limited resources as you might imagine; they could use all the help they can get! Raffle tickets are just $20, with 2500 tickets maximum. In addition to the grand prize EV there will be 25 Second Place prizes: a Founders League lifetime membership plus a Route 66 Electric Vehicle license plate and a Route 66 Electric Vehicle Museum T-Shirt. The raffle will take place on October 7.

Here is the link to the HEVF's Facebook post about the car & raffle:
Historic Electric Vehicle Foundation

And the direct link to the raffle page:
Raffle River

The Historic Electric Vehicle Foundation web site:
http://www.hevf.org

It's about 5 weeks until the raffle and not very many tickets have been purchased. I can't really say I'm surprised, but I did think it would get a bit of attention from folks here, where I imagine a lot of people are EV enthusiasts in general and not just Tesla! I once again encourage you to support the work of the Historic Electric Vehicle Foundation.