Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A Very British Road Trip (or 2010 Roadster Sport: A Space Odyssey, if you prefer)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd really love to do it again, that's for sure. Maybe I can convince them that these Vauxhall Ampera types should be blown into the weeds :wink:

The story with the matte black is that they wanted to test out the colour. Apparently there had already been some sales when I got the car, and it had only been on there for less than a couple of weeks.

Setting out at 6.15am, I’d charged the car in range mode and again it was showing 226 miles. Maybe owners can comment on whether this is normal or whether this car has just had a particularly hard life?

I noticed after my track day that my battery charged up to less than the normal amount that I am used to. I typically see 187 miles in standard mode and 242 miles in range mode.

After my track day (900+ wh/mile) my car would only charge to 172 miles in standard mode.

It took several charge cycles for it to gradually come back up to 187 in standard mode. I think this was caused by the need for the cells to rebalance after having been abused. I believe the charge cycle stops as soon as some of the cells reach their maximum voltage of 4.10 volts (standard) or 4.15 volts (range). If some of the sheets are out of balance and have a lower voltage, then the total range available might be less than normal. As all of the sheets become closer in voltage levels (several balance cycles) then the range gradually comes back to what we observe as normal.

It looks like your demo car was at the track right before you took it on your trip. That might be the reason you only experienced 226 miles in range mode.

This is all just from my observations and discussing it with Tesla engineers. I cannot say for sure what is going on. Just speculating.

Last edited: