Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A very long and picky Model 3 review [from 2018, of a 2018 Model 3]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice review, but why in the world would you want to be switching between standard in chill mode? I didn’t understand that.

I think the controls are fine... Even less distraction and then my ICE… Except for the bloody wipers.

That's exactly what I thought when I read it too. I turned that off in the parking lot when picking up the car and it's never been on again. lol

Former B8 6MT S4 driver here, just like the VWs I owned before, steering became loose within a year.

Dunno about the Model 3, but my 2015 MS's steering is still very tight and precise, though not as much
feedback as from my high school go-kart.

Tesla is far from being the one who introduced one-pedal driving to the masses. Mainly because Tesla doesn't even have it. And regen braking was really introduced by the Volt, Leaf, and Bolt, the first EVs for the masses.
The 2018 Leaf actually does have one-pedal driving. The brake is only needed for really fast stops.

The Tesla required lifestyle changes? If you mean never going to the gas station, then sure. If you mean plugging in at home, then sure. But I've got two EVs and don't have any problem with travelling. I've taken the car places where most people wouldn't take their ICE and paid $36 on a 1800 mile trip.
So does the BMW i3 some 10 years ago.