Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A way to jump the queue?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. But no one knows by how much. If you only placed your reservation a few months ago it will likely not get you to the front of the line though. It should certainly get you in front of anyone that reserved around the same time as you though.

My understanding from the my CPO adviser (this was more than a year ago, however) is that if you're a Telsa owner at configuration time, you will get to jump the line. Though, as others have said, who knows how much. Certainly you'll be behind other owners in your area who reserved last year.

I'll take "people with less insider knowledge than most of TMC" for 500, Alex.
For those of you who don't know, Tesla Employees are not any more informed than we are, they just get updated sometimes by Tesla, It's never any privileged information.

Forum members typically know more, but Tesla Employees saying so at least makes us feel better.

I would say it's a huge jump. Current Model S owner reserved on March 20th 2017
upload_2017-7-29_9-52-22.png

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo and Troy
I would say it's a huge jump. Current Model S owner reserved on March 20th 2017
View attachment 238442

Interesting. As a point of comparison, I'm a non-owner in Utah who lined up on the 31st and I have the exact same estimates except my dual motor estimate is Jul-Sep. It would be interesting to get some more data points to figure out if your "delay" is due to region or reservation date.

I placed a reservation for a M3 on 3/31/2016.

I purchased a MX in 11/2017 (about 2 weeks ago).

As far as I can tell, my estimate delivery date for my M3 is the same as it was before. Should this be updated to show a more recent delivery?

I am on the west coast (WA state).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-11-18 18.59.51.png
    Screenshot 2017-11-18 18.59.51.png
    38.5 KB · Views: 55
I placed a reservation for a M3 on 3/31/2016.

I purchased a MX in 11/2017 (about 2 weeks ago).

As far as I can tell, my estimate delivery date for my M3 is the same as it was before. Should this be updated to show a more recent delivery?

I am on the west coast (WA state).
You need to make sure both your reservation and your model X are associated with the same Tesla account (email address). If there is any question or it still isn't showing up in a week or two I'd suggest calling Tesla customer service and have them correct it.

Yes both are on the same account so I see both the car I own and the reservation on the same my Tesla start screen.
Have you taken delivery of the X yet? If then it may just take a while for the estimator to update, I'd wait a week or two then call them. If you haven't taken delivery yet then you'll need to at least wait until you do before anything changes, since you're not an owner yet.

Reactions: dragonxt