Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A week into CPO ownership

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not ashamed =) debadging the car actually looks a lot cleaner and I'm perfectly happy with the 60kWh and what it has to offer. I'm sure when time to unload, I'll be in a perfect position to scoop up a CPO P85D for a great price

Funny ... My car was delivered in Dec 2012 and had no badging on it from the getgo. It has ModelS on it ... but no other identifiers. Anyone else's arrive like that?

The only problem for the S60 is once the battery degrades enough, you are really going to miss the range to make it to the next supercharging station.

Here are some numbers:

100% - 208 miles
95% - 197.6 miles
90% - 187.2 miles
85% - 176.8 miles
80% - 166.4 miles

So my point is around 80% capacity, you might not make it to the next charging station if they are spaced more than 170 miles between each other. I know that supercharging station are planned to be only 100 miles from each other, but just know you cannot venture too far away from one. And we all know Tesla are placing them in 100 miles radius not really 100 miles driving distance.

This is one of the reason why I will only get the 85 if I really want this car to replace my current ICE car

By the time a Tesla hits 90% capacity, if some of the early heavy drivers are any indication for everyone else, the Tesla would have already well exceeded the longevity of most cars out on the road today. And by that time happens, supercharger density will very much support the degraded battery.

It's not like Teslas have the same degradation rate as Leafs (70% original capacity in a 3-5 year timeframe depending on climate and 30k miles).

I just wish the guy who did 120000 miles on his tesla would post some full charge range mode data.

World’s Highest Mileage Tesla Model S Hits 120,000 Miles, Still Going Strong - Gas 2

"BlackTalon53 . 4 days agoActually, after 100,00 miles the 85kwh Tesla battery seems to have close to 95% left. 300,000 or 400,000 miles to 70% capacity is a pretty realistic number.
Richardson's car has 132,000 miles on the odometer by now, btw.
The article also didn't mention that the battery in the car was exchanged for a brand new one by Tesla after the contactor in the original one conked out at 96,000 miles, so it not technically correct that the battery has "withstood his driving habits". Conatctor failure of the traction battery is a known flaw however and has nothing to do with mileage, just a faulty part. Many other cars have suffered from it, with only a fraction of the mileage.
Richardson is My5bAby on the teslamotors forums, all info I have listed here is from him personally."

I cant find My5bAby on the member list. He mustbe going by another sign in name. As for the 100,000 miles at 95%, is there data? I would like to see the data to verify. If true then 100,000 for 95% is really good. But why would there be major degradation for the next 200,000 miles down to 70%. Assuming he charges every 200 miles (unlikely) you are looking at 500 cycles. At 100 miles per charge, we are looking at 1000 cycles. So this might be right at 95% but i would say it is closer to the low 90 when you factor in ag. And supercharging.

Funny ... My car was delivered in Dec 2012 and had no badging on it from the getgo. It has ModelS on it ... but no other identifiers. Anyone else's arrive like that?
My Sig did. They fixed it later.

- - - Updated - - -

My5bAby on the teslamotors forums
I cant find My5bAby on the member list. He mustbe going by another sign in name.
Dunno if he/she is on TMC.