Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A wheel conundrum!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I ordered a carbon fiber heated steering wheel off AliExpress... Ya, I know, dumb. But anyway, the wheel is actually great, but it isn't quite the same. Can anyone tell me what Tesla model year this wheel is for? Is it different just in China? It's too late to return, so I basically need to find what it is for so I can resell it. The 2021 model Y I own has three keyholes for the horn switch/airbag to plug into, the wheel I bought just had three rounds holes. The retention wire holding the airbag is differently shaped as well.

Attachments

• 20220215_195740.jpg
    20220215_195740.jpg
    365.2 KB · Views: 106
So I ordered a carbon fiber heated steering wheel off AliExpress... Ya, I know, dumb. But anyway, the wheel is actually great, but it isn't quite the same. Can anyone tell me what Tesla model year this wheel is for? Is it different just in China? It's too late to return, so I basically need to find what it is for so I can resell it. The 2021 model Y I own has three keyholes for the horn switch/airbag to plug into, the wheel I bought just had three rounds holes. The retention wire holding the airbag is differently shaped as well.
Anyone have knowledge on this? Someone has to know?