Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A White powdery substance under car on the garage floor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got a white powdery residue under my model y. I will sweep it away and it will build back up over time. It's not road salt because it hasn't been used on the roads yet. I would like to think this is not some sort of coolant leak. I've seen this topic come up before but no plausible answer. Thanks.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Coolant is blue (G48). I get a puddle of water from AC and in the winter more of a rust color from it. I used ironfree to get it off my epoxy and was going to see how it does this winter.

I just recently dropped a battery post shim down in there and had to fish it out. Used a camera to find it. Most the stuff under the frunk seemed to be aluminum so I didn’t see any sign of rust anywhere. Oil + water create a white but I would think that would require a mix like what I use to get in a catch can. Looked like a Starbucks latte hah.

AC441881-8C14-479A-8509-60B07D2A348D.jpeg

Last edited:
I've got a white powdery residue under my model y. I will sweep it away and it will build back up over time. It's not road salt because it hasn't been used on the roads yet. I would like to think this is not some sort of coolant leak. I've seen this topic come up before but no plausible answer. Thanks.
Did you order the MY Delorean addition? Did you try washing your floor good to make sure it’s not just something (previous salt on ground) reacting with condensation drops from the car?

• Funny
Reactions: Fourdoor
What year is the Model Y? Does your Model Y have the 12V lead-acid starting battery or the newer 15V lithium battery module? Where is the powdery residue accumulating relative to the vehicle?

What do you use for windshield washer fluid, are you in the habit of pressing the washer fluid button on the left hand stalk of the steering wheel when parked inside the garage?

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC