Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor A wow-worthly Tesla upgrade that anyone can install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Out of all the mods out there, my favorite mod for my Tesla is the upgraded lighting. Lighting upgrades are my favorite Tesla mod for three reasons:
1. The lights are easy & fast to install. Plug and play, no wire splicing.
2. Lighting upgrades are relatively inexpensive.
3. You get a ton of compliments-especially with puddle lights.

If you want to personalize your Tesla with upgraded lighting, check out our selection at TeslaPuddleLights.com. We carry premium puddle lights with high quality components and glass lenses for long life that fit all Tesla models. We also carry extra bright door lights, trunk lights and footwell lights in multiple colors. We hope to see you at our shop and let me know if you have any questions.

To show our appreciation to the TMC community, TMC customers get 10% off their orders with the coupon code tmc10.
All orders over $50 ship free to continental US.

IMG_6764.jpg
P1001015.png
P1000763.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: M109Rider
Hi,

You have any pics of the blue Tesla "T" ones? I have a deep blue tesla model 3, and wondering what color the tesla T blue colored one is relative to the car.

Even the white ones have a slightly blue hue to them and would look good with the deep blue model 3. In fact I think a clear white would look much better than a deep blue light.
Keep in mind that you cant put them in the front door without ratteling if you listen to a lot of bassheavy music. the lens will buzz.

They do look very good indeed but I had to take my front ones out for that reason. I did buy a second set which I stuffed full of glue but unfortunately the inside of the lens still rattles.

Last edited:
Even the white ones have a slightly blue hue to them and would look good with the deep blue model 3. In fact I think a clear white would look much better than a deep blue light.
Keep in mind that you cant put them in the front door without ratteling if you listen to a lot of bassheavy music. the lens will buzz.

They do look very good indeed but I had to take my front ones out for that reason. I did buy a second set which I stuffed full of glue but unfortunately the inside of the lens still rattles.

Thanks for the very helpful information and semi review.

Hi,

You have any pics of the blue Tesla "T" ones? I have a deep blue tesla model 3, and wondering what color the tesla T blue colored one is relative to the car.

Does this work for you? If you need more, let me know.

I haven't seen it on blue yet. If you get a set, please post some pics as I'd love to see that. Also, if you don't like the look, you can return them for a refund. :)
P1000743.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin

They're a very 'cool' LED so you are correct, there is a very slight blue hue to them. Very slight though.

Regarding the rattle, we have a new design that is super solid and I highly doubt these will rattle at all. I've had the new ones in my car for about two months and have not heard any rattles.
IMG_6924.png

• Love
Reactions: Candleflame
How do you install them?
They're very easy to install. About 5 min per light. You just pop out the old lights, unclip them, plug in the new lights and then pop them back in the door. Here's our install video https://teslapuddlelights.com/installation

There's also instructions on how to swap the trunk lights and footwell lights on that page. All are very easy. Let me know if you have additional questions. Thanks!

Reactions: Lo-voltage
Does this work for you? If you need more, let me know.

I haven't seen it on blue yet. If you get a set, please post some pics as I'd love to see that. Also, if you don't like the look, you can return them for a refund. :)
View attachment 597068

Thank you very much for the pic! I realize we are dealing with pictures and computer monitors etc, but that looks a bit purplish blue. If I was to get them, i would likely get the white ones as that goes with everything. If they are returnable for a full refund if I am not happy with them, I am leaning toward ordering some to try them out.

Reactions: wolfwill23
They're a very 'cool' LED so you are correct, there is a very slight blue hue to them. Very slight though.

Regarding the rattle, we have a new design that is super solid and I highly doubt these will rattle at all. I've had the new ones in my car for about two months and have not heard any rattles.View attachment 597073

I cant remember what frequeny used to trigger the buzzing...

Can you put your Bass to +8 on the EQ and then play via spotify "Surreal (Omnia Remix)" and "Miami Vibe (Omnia Remix" and turn it up to like 70%. Do you get any buzzing in the first few seconds when just the kick is playing?

edit: also the Model X just has 2 puddle lights? where are the other two missing?

Thank you very much for the pic! I realize we are dealing with pictures and computer monitors etc, but that looks a bit purplish blue. If I was to get them, i would likely get the white ones as that goes with everything. If they are returnable for a full refund if I am not happy with them, I am leaning toward ordering some to try them out.
Yeah, they're pretty blue in person. The camera has a hard time capturing the full blue ones or the full red ones. The white ones look great - very classy.

Your satisfaction is our priority so we will issue a full refund for up to 30 days from the purchase if you're unhappy. Feel free to check out the reviews on TeslaPuddleLights.com to hear from some of our customers. Thanks!

I cant remember what frequeny used to trigger the buzzing...

Can you put your Bass to +8 on the EQ and then play via spotify "Surreal (Omnia Remix)" and "Miami Vibe (Omnia Remix" and turn it up to like 70%. Do you get any buzzing in the first few seconds when just the kick is playing?

edit: also the Model X just has 2 puddle lights? where are the other two missing?
I'll try that out. Thanks

The model X doesn't have puddle lights in the gullwing doors.

Actually I remember I took a video after I installed them.
You can see here that there are certain frequency where the lens starts vibrating which causes the rattle. This isnt noticeable when theres a lot of midrange/highend noise going on in a song but it is audible and annoying when it is just i.e. bass playing and nothing else:

Rattle

Just want to give a shout out and thanks to Will for helping me out. Long story short the first set got lost on the way to me and Will quickly sent out another set to me no questions asked. Install will be the easiest thing you’ll ever do, they say 10 min. I say 5 min tops. Really happy with my purchase, Im contemplating the passenger side.
F2CE50AB-B157-4ABB-934F-A584A72965DE.jpeg
9D3DC5F5-6750-4CE7-ACA5-AA8485410E7F.jpeg