TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

AAA NorCal offering 10% discount on EVgo Fast Charging

Discussion in 'California' started by mblakele, Nov 13, 2019.

1. mblakele

mblakele beep! beep!

Cross-posting because I think it's of more interest here than in the NA sub. In my area EVgo has a few L2 chargers, but mostly Chademo and CCS. I have AAA so I signed up, even though I may never use it.

NB — I cleaned up the link

• Informative x 4
    • Like x 2
  2. Ampster

Ampster Active Member

I like the collaboration that they are doing. It is going to help the other EV owners. Years ago I bought a Chademo adaptor because I thought I might need it. I did use it a Corte Madera a few times but now there is a Supercharger there.

3. Pied

Pied Member

I linked my membership to the account but, I have actually never used EVgo. Very few in areas I visit

4. miimura

miimura Well-Known Member

Nice. Thanks @mblakele. I'm planning to take a trip in the RAV this month and this will save me five or six dollars. This is much easier than signing up for the Membership plan and then canceling before the month is over.

5. jkoya

jkoya NA2 NSX

Thanks for cleaning up my original post and moving to the "California" category.

• Like x 1
  6. ProphetM

ProphetM Member

I got this email as well and signed up. AAA NorCal also covers Nevada and Utah. Here in Las Vegas, nearly all of the non-Tesla L3 stations are EVgo; there are about a dozen of them. We have no CHAdeMO adapter so can't use them for our Tesla, but we also have a Chevy Spark EV with CCS that we've charged a few times at these stations.

When I received my email from AAA I shared the info to the Chevy Spark EV Facebook group, and one of the users there posted some good info for anyone who signs up: this free subscription is added to your account without replacing any existing subscription, so if you already have a paid subscription you should cancel that one.

7. jkoya

jkoya NA2 NSX

Thanks for the reminder !! When I signed up with the AAA promotion, I forgot to cancel my existing plan I still have for our 2016 Volt....

8. Charlie_T

Charlie_T Member

EVgo is now providing Tesla CHAdeMO adapters at some of its charging stations. Tesla partners with EVgo to deploy Tesla connectors on their nationwide charging network - Electrek

9. tij664

tij664 Member

So does anyone know if you get the 30 free minutes per month like the $7.99 plan for the general public? The discount makes it seem like you get the $7.99 plan for free with AAA and one of the benefits should be the free 30 minutes per month. Has anyone confirmed this?

• Like x 1
  10. miimura

miimura Well-Known Member

No. The AAA plan merely provides the lower per minute fee. There are no included minutes of charging. I previously got the $0.26/min price on the AAA plan. I don't want to pay a monthly fee because I am only an occasional user. I only use EVgo for trips about twice a year. I see no reason to pay a monthly fee when I will not use the included minutes.

Here is a new link for the AAA Promo.
    EVgo Promotion

• Helpful x 1