Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aaaaaand driver's side rear door won't open. . .AGAIN.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wife had another flat tire in her Tesla (driver front) due to debris. Towed to Tesla service. Left them key card.
When car was picked up, key card wasn't there, and wife forgot to ask them about it. Then, I discovered the driver's side rear door won't open.
Last time the door card had popped loose and jammed itself between the wheel arch portion of the chassis. Yanking the door might bend the door card, so it's been left alone. She's going back to Tesla service to get the key and see if they can figure out the driver's rear door.
Still a marvelous, if soulless, car. Still irritating build quality.

Hmm. . . so I guess the other side of Tesla is Alfa Romeo: all soul. . .both suffer the same build quality. 😉

Interesting that someone else has this problem. Our rear driver door is stuck and we had mobile service come out only to say they couldn't do anything (he basically yanked on the door handle and tried pushing from the inside). Our service appointment is after Christmas. So basically, we've left with one working rear door for 2 kids for about 2 months.

I couldn't imagine if this was the driver door. My wife has a bad back and I can just picture Tesla employees telling us to climb over from the passenger side while we wait for the fix...