TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Aargh. Can't decide between blue & midnight silver

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by AdrianG, Sep 30, 2016.

1. AdrianG

AdrianG Member

I have until October 3rd to change my mind but I'm really on the fence. If they still had the original dolphin grey it would be a no brainer since that color catches my eye every time I see one drive past and makes me sad I chose the dark blue (black in much light) on my current car. But the darker new grey I'm not as taken by. I like it but I like the new blue too...

One thing I'm wondering is which shows the dirt least? I'm not into washing my car all the time so it's going to get dusty...

2. decrypt

decrypt Member

3. SoccerMan94043

Buy white or silver then. It's counter intuitive, but none the less true, that the lighter the color, the less it will show dirt.

4. EV-lutioin

EV-lutioin Member

• Like x 2
  5. Sugacookie

Sugacookie Member

Midnight! With 21" Grey Turbines.

6. Model S M.D.

Model S M.D. Ludicrous Radiologist

This is my exact setup. I think it looks classy and sleek. Its a matter of personal preference. If you want loud, get the blue. Can't miss either way, every tesla is beautiful.

• Like x 1
  7. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

You sound exactly like me...I got the old dark blue in 2013, but immediately told everyone if I ever got another one it would be dolphin gray. I was so sad when they changed it... But I still ordered the midnight silver without seeing it in person first. Imagine my delight when I saw one at a Tesla event in the sun, and saw the incredible amount of blue flake!

The new blue is too bright for me on the S, although I love it on the X. Midnight Silver hides dirt very well.

8. TES-E

TES-E Member

Midnight Silver all the way!! Having had both dark cars (black) and Silver, I feel that the Silver is much easier to keep looking good. Good luck with your choice.

9. fallen888

fallen888 Member.. hehe, I said "member"

I got the new blue and love it. I also constantly get compliments on the color - people like it a lot.

I've had black, charcoal gray, silver metallic for many years. I got tired of the same boring lack of color. But I also didn't want anything too flashy, like the red. The blue is beautiful and interesting.

• Like x 1
  10. Kay Kay

Kay Kay Member

Midnight silver looks better than blue I think.my two pennies.

11. u00mem9

u00mem9 Member

Silver. The current blue color looks very average when it gets a bit dirty. Do you really want your new Tesla looking like a Honda Accord?

• Dislike x 2
  12. u00mem9

u00mem9 Member

Dislike fallen 88? The OP asked for opinions. If you are going to get your feelings hurt from anyone who doesn't prefer your color choice, maybe just stay out of the thread!?!

• Dislike x 1
  13. Footer

Footer Member

Midnight Silver and Deep Blue are currently tied for number 1 with 21% each in the delivery spreadsheet FWIW. I love Midnight Silver and if I was picking the color in my family that's what I would have chosen.

14. blc1017

blc1017 Member

I had the dolphin grey with my first Model S but opted for the deep blue with the second. No regrets at all, and I get compliments on the color every single time I'm out driving, even though this area is flush with Teslas. I do think the grey shows less dirt than the blue.

15. fallen888

fallen888 Member.. hehe, I said "member"

I think you're the one with your feelings hurt. I merely showed my disagreement with your opinion and assessment of the blue color. That's it, move on.

16. u00mem9

u00mem9 Member

Derp.

• Funny x 1
  17. marty2112

marty2112 Member

I had blue on order. Ended up going with Midnight with the grey seats.

Can't go wrong either way....

Attached Files:

18. Sm4llz

Sm4llz Member

Love my blue

Attached Files:

19. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

There have been so many of these color discussions... Color is so subjective it's pointless to ask, really. I'll say this, there has never been a Model S I didn't like, regardless of color!

• Like x 2
  20. dhh12

dhh12 Member

Picked this up Friday.

[​IMG]

• Love x 4