Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aargh. Can't decide between blue & midnight silver

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have until October 3rd to change my mind but I'm really on the fence. If they still had the original dolphin grey it would be a no brainer since that color catches my eye every time I see one drive past and makes me sad I chose the dark blue (black in much light) on my current car. But the darker new grey I'm not as taken by. I like it but I like the new blue too...

One thing I'm wondering is which shows the dirt least? I'm not into washing my car all the time so it's going to get dusty...

IMG_0055.JPG

You sound exactly like me...I got the old dark blue in 2013, but immediately told everyone if I ever got another one it would be dolphin gray. I was so sad when they changed it... But I still ordered the midnight silver without seeing it in person first. Imagine my delight when I saw one at a Tesla event in the sun, and saw the incredible amount of blue flake!

The new blue is too bright for me on the S, although I love it on the X. Midnight Silver hides dirt very well.

I got the new blue and love it. I also constantly get compliments on the color - people like it a lot.

I've had black, charcoal gray, silver metallic for many years. I got tired of the same boring lack of color. But I also didn't want anything too flashy, like the red. The blue is beautiful and interesting.

Reactions: blc1017
I had the dolphin grey with my first Model S but opted for the deep blue with the second. No regrets at all, and I get compliments on the color every single time I'm out driving, even though this area is flush with Teslas. I do think the grey shows less dirt than the blue.