Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aargh. Can't decide between blue & midnight silver

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

That is a very useful photo. I tried to take a bunch of side by sides with my iPhone at my local store but the colors just weren't close to representative when I looked at them later.

I think I've decided on the midnight silver. While I like the bolder blue, I think the grey looks a bit more refined. And if it does show dirt a little less, that will suit me :).

Reactions: decrypt
I got the blue and I would choose it again, but I will say it did really look dirty after a month and a half. I had it cleaned this weekend and it is back to looking amazing :D. I am not as crazy as some of the folks on the board with car maintenance, but getting the car washed every month or two is a small sacrifice I can make.

That is a very useful photo. I tried to take a bunch of side by sides with my iPhone at my local store but the colors just weren't close to representative when I looked at them later.

I think I've decided on the midnight silver. While I like the bolder blue, I think the grey looks a bit more refined. And if it does show dirt a little less, that will suit me :).

The Midnight Silver is mine, picked it up last week... but yes... the struggle is real... Blue was also on my short list.

As @Btrflyl8e says these questions are pointless. You will have some tell you to get blue and others tell you midnight silver. I am not sure if you are in a better position to decide after this. Now if most people tell me to get blue I'll get midnight silver and vice versa (IF I really can't decide), just to be different.

Color is a very personal choice. Get what you like.

Silver. The current blue color looks very average when it gets a bit dirty. Do you really want your new Tesla looking like a Honda Accord?
I've had many, many compliments on the color of my Model S (vs none for the my first one that was Pearl White).

And I'm fairly certain no one has ever mistaken it for a Honda Accord, even at it's dirtiest.

To keep it clean, I recommend a UNR type rinse-less wash: (https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/1667311/). It takes about 20 minutes, can be done in the cool of the garage, and uses less than 2 gallons of water. I do it about every other week.

Last edited:
picked up my midnight silver s60 last week. it was on order for about 3 months and while on order, i actually forgot what the color looked like. it looks great in person and hard to describe, which I like. and i agree with others... this is really subjective. really, i'm using this post as an opportunity to share a picture of my car! :cool:

Attachments

• s60.jpg
    s60.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 225
Last edited: