Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AB & Powdercoat wheels vs Aftermarket wheels on LR' -

Which option would you go with

• Acceleration boost plus stock 19"s powdercoated

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Aftermarket 19's no ab (keep stock wheels when selling my car)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aftermarket 20's no ab (keep stock wheels for when I sell my car)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Accel boost plus after market 19's sell stock tesla sport 19's

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Accel boost plus aftermarket 20"s sell stock tesla 19"s wheels & tires

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What option would you go with :

Add acceleration boost and powdercoat stock sport v2 wheels black.

Go aftermarket 19"s no ab plus keep stock sport wheels for down the road when selling car.

Go aftermarket 19"s with stock tires add accel boost and sell stock 19" V2 wheels.

Go aftermarket 20"s no ab plus keep stock sport wheels for down the road when selling car.

Add acceleration boost , aftermarket 20"s and sell stock tesla wheels and tires to recoup some $ .. this will be most expensive choice.

Car is a 21 LR Red with White interior and tinted windows.

Will be keeping car realistically for 3 -4 years. Not a fan of the stock silver 19"s

I'd probably go with Tsportline wheels in black. I like a more stock tesla looking wheel and they currently have a discount plus free shipping. I know they aren't a true forged wheel. I like the TSS and TSV in satin black.

Also will not be lowering my car.

Your feedback is appreciated !

Cheers !

Powdercoat never looks all that great and the 19" V2 wheels don't look so good either. Plus it's a hassle to get the wheels off and out to the powder shop for a few days.

TSS is a great looking wheel and the Space Gray color is worth considering too. Your local tire shop will swap over your tires and sensors for $100 and you can sell your OEM wheels here for $1k or more if they're in good condition.

1653159323666.png

Powdercoat never looks all that great and the 19" V2 wheels don't look so good either. Plus it's a hassle to get the wheels off and out to the powder shop for a few days.

TSS is a great looking wheel and the Space Gray color is worth considering too. Your local tire shop will swap over your tires and sensors for $100 and you can sell your OEM wheels here for $1k or more if they're in good condition.

View attachment 807116

My sport wheels are in pretty much perfect condition. My3 is garage kept Wheels are washed weekly with their own microfiber mitt and wheels are ceramic coated.

Those TSS do look good in grey also just not sure it blends as well with everything else blacked out, emblems, trim, tint..

But won't rule them out

Appreciate the feedback !

Will going with 20" TSV or TSS wheels make a difference in feel ?

Meaning on the stock 19"s the ride feels relatively smooth and a glide type feel.

20"s look way better in my opinion but almost wondering if a 19" option would be a smarter choice 🤔

I have been surprised at how well the 20s ride. It got a little worse after lowering (springs only), but so won’t be downsizing as I expected I would (though I did order some slightly taller 255/35R20 to install in a couple days).

On my previous RAV4 I went through a few different wheel and tire combos, ranging from 5” to 7.5” of sidewall. Honestly it didn’t make much of a difference. On the Model 3, I certainly would expect going from stiff, stretched high-performance tires with 3.2” of sidewall (factory 20”) to even a 19” with closer to 4” of sidewall, especially if it is a slightly softer all-season, would be noticeable, but not particularly significant itself.

Reactions: HodgJ
I really debated this forSOOOOOOO long in my head because when I had my Z I had 19's, and I always wanted the wheels a bit bigger: However, 19's just have a sweet spot as far as weight and performance that 20's in my opinion can't beat (so I chose 19's again)...you can get light 20's, but then the tires a generally heavier...also, 20's on a non-lowered model3 look very silly to me....

Reactions: HodgJ