Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AB1139

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Ampster

Supporting Member
Didn't see this discussed anywhere. It is a change in the CARE rate guidelines but it attempts to shift the cost of doing that to the NEM agreements. I could not tell how far it is or even if it is still in a committee but one solar group is already lobbying agaist it.

This one came through the Legislature but no doubt influenced by a lobbyist. It is concurrent but not the same as the NEM 3.0 process. I does appear to reverse some NEM 1.0 and 2.0 protections. A brief read picked up a reference to Non Bypassable Charges.
Here is one group that is opposed.
I got that link from another site that referred to AB1139 but the link to suggested letter clearly refers to the CPUC docket.

Last edited:
Didn't see this discussed anywhere. It is a change in the CARE rate guidelines but it attempts to shift the cost of doing that to the NEM agreements. I could not tell how far it is or even if it is still in a committee but one solar group is already lobbying agaist it.
It's in early committee work, according to this status page:

AB1139 — Bill History

The author is Lorena Gonzalez, out of San Diego. She's best known to me for trying to pick a fight with Elon Musk on twitter. Her campaign contributions came mostly from unions, but she also took over $60k from energy companies — including SoCal Edison, Sempra (parent of SDG&E), as well as oil companies such as Chevron and Phillips 66.

The author is Lorena Gonzalez, out of San Diego. She's best known to me for trying to pick a fight with Elon Musk on twitter. Her campaign contributions came mostly from unions, but she also took over $60k from energy companies — including SoCal Edison, Sempra (parent of SDG&E), as well as oil companies such as Chevron and Phillips 66.
Makes perfect sense. I would not be surprised if one of the IOU lobbyists drafted it for her. If they can give this bill visability it makes their NEM 3.0 requests look pale.