Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Abandoned Model S at Huebner Oaks San Antonio, TX Supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw this at the San Antonio I-10 Supercharger and it just about made me cry... 😭😭😭 Almost the exact car I have on order except it isn't a Plaid. Story is that it was abandoned somewhere and they had a wreaker bring it over to charge but couldn't unplug since they didn't have a key. Tesla Power technicians had to cut off the charging cable and contacted the owner registered to the VIN. Owner said to have it towed to the nearest service center. Got to be more to this story...

The damage to the passenger rear wheel and rim looked bad.

The dirt was so thick that some of the Tesla owners charging there decided to draw on it...

IMG_0981.jpeg

IMG_0984.jpeg

IMG_0983.jpeg

IMG_0985.jpeg

IMG_0986.jpeg

Saw this at the San Antonio I-10 Supercharger and it just about made me cry... 😭😭😭 Almost the exact car I have on order except it isn't a Plaid. Story is that it was abandoned somewhere and they had a wreaker bring it over to charge but couldn't unplug since they didn't have a key. Tesla Power technicians had to cut off the charging cable and contacted the owner registered to the VIN. Owner said to have it towed to the nearest service center. Got to be more to this story...

The damage to the passenger rear wheel and rim looked bad.

The dirt was so thick that some of the Tesla owners charging there decided to draw on it...

View attachment 790481

View attachment 790483

View attachment 790482

View attachment 790484

View attachment 790485
Is it just me, or would you guys NOT be surprised if a TSLA shorting hedge fund purchased this and set this up just to make Tesla look bad?? Lol

Reactions: Alex Philips
So weird! I think the dust and writing rules out the car being stolen. Anything involving the car being stolen would surely be dealt with before long since Tesla knows where it is.

The car belongs to a buddy of someone getting out of prison. He picks him up and they get into an argument. Car goes off the road. Prisoner kills his buddy and dumps the body wherever they crashed. Goes to charge the car, puts it in park and can't start it. Takes off. Car dies, port won't open. Sits there for who knows how long. It's finally reported and Tesla tech cut the cable and chats with Op. Tow truck is enroute.

So... looking at this photo again, something's strange about it (to me at least).

For those in the San Antonio area - can a car look like this just from sitting outside?

It's got a full layer of evenly applied dirt. It's almost like it was dipped into a muddy lake.

Would it get like this just from sitting outside? And is there *no* precipitation that would occasionally clean it?

In the Northwestern US, the only way I could imagine a vehicle getting like this is if it sat in a garage for decades (covered in dust).
From my time living in SA, TX I concur. It looks like caliche, for those not familiar it was a clay like material in the soil, which was definitely not good for car exterior per my detail guy there.
Based on the coating, looks like it was parked on the side of a highway and after a rain got coated with truck splatter.

My guess is they brought it there after the “prisoner” was caught hoping to charge it up. And the car must have been “locked down” by Tesla if it was stolen. Now it’s probably “evidence”.

Interesting mystery.

Reactions: Alex Philips