Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Abandoned Model S at Huebner Oaks San Antonio, TX Supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw this at the San Antonio I-10 Supercharger and it just about made me cry... 😭😭😭 Almost the exact car I have on order except it isn't a Plaid. Story is that it was abandoned somewhere and they had a wreaker bring it over to charge but couldn't unplug since they didn't have a key. Tesla Power technicians had to cut off the charging cable and contacted the owner registered to the VIN. Owner said to have it towed to the nearest service center. Got to be more to this story...

The damage to the passenger rear wheel and rim looked bad.

The dirt was so thick that some of the Tesla owners charging there decided to draw on it...

IMG_0981.jpeg

IMG_0984.jpeg

IMG_0983.jpeg

IMG_0985.jpeg

IMG_0986.jpeg

I wonder if they cut the cable to prevent idle fees :)

Or maybe they thought if they cut the cable they’ll be able to drive away? since it looks like the cable was stuck in the port.
But then why not call Tesla roadside assist?

So many questions!
See OP: Tesla sent Techs to cut the cable. I suppose I'm not surprised they didn't move the car.

I wonder if they cut the cable to prevent idle fees :)

Or maybe they thought if they cut the cable they’ll be able to drive away? since it looks like the cable was stuck in the port.
But then why not call Tesla roadside assist?

So many questions!
It was probably a salvage someone bought and things didn’t go as planned. Maybe retrieved from the bottom of a lake by the looks of it.

Some people will post in a thread so that they get notifications from updates on a thread (this is not just a TMC thing though). Here at TMC, you can subscribe to a thread without posting in it, so there is no need to post in it just to get notified of updates (subscribe) but if people dont know about that, or dont care, they will post for that reason.

I am only answering this like this because it appears you have a question why someone might post "subscribed" in a thread, and the above is the likely reason.

So here is what is seems odd to me.

1. Someone RIPPED the front license plate holder off.

2. Some kind of stock number (9 or 4)30523

3. There is a QR code sticker on left top of window.

4. Registration is good till 12-22

5. If the cord was cut at that stall how's come no wire hanging down from Tesla charger?

6. Telephone number for Tesla.

7. White fire retardant (as previous member noted.)

7. Finger prints on hood and on door handle.

What a mystery this is !! My guess - is that someone from a dealership left fob in car while charging and car was stolen and dumped there. Does not really explain white powder. Maybe emptied a fire extinguisher to cover up....

M

Reactions: SWIPE and mswlogo
So here is what is seems odd to me.

1. Someone RIPPED the front license plate holder off.

2. Some kind of stock number (9 or 4)30523

3. There is a QR code sticker on left top of window.

4. Registration is good till 12-22

5. If the cord was cut at that stall how's come no wire hanging down from Tesla charger?

6. Telephone number for Tesla.

7. White fire retardant (as previous member noted.)

7. Finger prints on hood and on door handle.

What a mystery this is !! My guess - is that someone from a dealership left fob in car while charging and car was stolen and dumped there. Does not really explain white powder. Maybe emptied a fire extinguisher to cover up....

M
Cord was cut by Tesla Power technician whom I chatted with at the location. He said that he put a new cord on the charger. He also said that those charge cords are only good for a bit more than 1,000 charge cycles and then are replaced anyway.

It was dirt/dust, not white.

I'm in agreement that it is a mystery...

I’ll make a guess. Car was stolen somehow, without the fob (maybe a hack like using one of those 2-way amplifiers seen in Europe that relay the fob signal over an extended distance or it was just left unlocked close enough to a fob).

Car will continue driving without a fob once started.

Pulled in to get a charge.

Car has to be put into park to charge, which meant it couldn’t be driven again without the fob.

If they closed the doors, it would lock. Sat there long enough to discharge completely…

Not that far fetched…

Or it was the martians from that Berlin rave ;-)

My guess... international spy. Was being chased by the opposing agents, but running low on battery. Stopped for charging and a shootout.

During the gun fight, someone lobbed a grenade. The explosion threw a large amount of soil into the air, which covered the car.

Ultimately, the spy was captured and hauled away in a van with no windows and fake plates. Fortunately spies are very wealthy, because now he owes many thousands in idle fees... which he will gladly pay if he survives the waterboarding.

Hopefully, even under truth serum, he doesn't give up the location of the next gigafactory to the GM torturers.