TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Abandoned Nissan Leaf In Palo Alto

Discussion in 'California' started by doug, Oct 27, 2013.

1. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

heh.. Anyone spot this? I haven't noticed it myself.

Electric-Car Mystery: Doorless, Abandoned Nissan Leaf In Palo Alto - GreenCarReports

abandoned-nissan-leaf-electric-car-in-palo-alto-california-oct-2013_100444162_l.jpg

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Active Member

I wonder if it's the same one as the other door-less one at Palo Alto, CA: Is it legal to drive a Nissan leaf without doors? - Quora.

IIRC, it's been posted about a bunch of times at the SF Bay Leafs Facebook group and someone pointed to the above Quora URL. It also contains the answer (which is somewhat buried) as to why.
    As for why:

3. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

Only in California :)

4. Owner

Owner Active Member

Do you mean this one? (don't do web sites that I have to sign in first time)
    Range Extension? | Tesla Owner

That one had all four doors missing.

5. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

Oh ... that's how they solve the rain problem. I was hitting a major block there.

6. strider

strider Active Member

But he's wrong - it is illegal because without the doors he doesn't have mirrors. Whenever I pulled the doors off my Wrangler there were aftermarket mirrors that bolted into the door hinge so I would have side-view mirrors.