TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

ABC's Nightline asks if Tesla is the Car of the Future.

Discussion in 'Blog Archive' started by doug, Aug 22, 2013.

1. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Nightline1.JPG

Betty Liu, better known for her role as a host and editor-at-large for Bloomberg Television, spoke with Elon Musk about the Model S and Tesla's fight against the auto dealerships. The segment also includes some comments from Bill Wolters, the president of the Texas Automobile Dealers Association, who perhaps comes off as just a tad smarmy.

Watch the video below and be sure to leave us your comments.
    Source: Nightline

2. Benz

Benz Active Member

Elon Musk: "If you have the support of the people, you will prevail". And that's just the way it is and should be.

3. alisongmz

alisongmz New Member

I say Tesla is unstoppable. Ultimately, the people will prevail. The car rocks economically, ecologically, technologically, and philosophically. I am rooting for Elon.

4. justthateasy

justthateasy Member

Thanks for posting this.

My favorite part is when Elon Musk stops at a traditional car dealership and his handlers yank him out of the store. It doesn't get any better than that!

5. richkae

richkae VIN587

I wish Elon would point out that if the dealers really believe they are superior, they should welcome the competition and try to beat Tesla in the marketplace.

6. Mayhemm

Mayhemm Model S P85+ "Lola"

Elon Musk is more "American" than most Americans. His belief in democracy and the spirit of innovation, that America claims to represent, is so pure and untainted. I hope his sour experiences with legislators and special interests (like the dealer's association) don't change him.

7. Objective1

Objective1 Member

Unfocused piece that does a bad job explaining what is great about the car or why Tesla has good odds of surviving.

8. stainlesssteel

As of 08Oct2013, the above video link no longer works, however it's available here:

ABC News Nightline "Tesla: Car of the Future?" (starts at 8:22):

http://abcnews.go.com/watch/nightline/SH5584743/VDKA0_7qnr3yzq/nightline-0821-did-syria-use-chemical-weapons-on-its-people

Great content and Elon quotes, and shows automobile dealers for the "We're Entitled To Money For Doing What You're Already Doing" rent-seekers they are.

"...
    Bill Wolters, the president of the Texas Automobile Dealers Association, who perhaps comes off as just a tad smarmy."

Yes, like Hitler perhaps comes off as just a tad miffed at Jews. Google smarmy and it will auto-fill "Bill Wolters."

9. stainlesssteel