Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Abercrombie House DC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Shock-On-T

⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️
Jun 26, 2016
Sydney
Does anyone know if this destination charger is accessible after hours?
I'll be coming back from Dubbo on Wednesday night. It would be handy to have this option available. Will be stretching my 75D battery...

Do you have a portable charger? If so, you can always charge at the Bathurst Showgrounds, which is about a 10-15 min walk from the shops. Check out plugshare for details, but basically you arrange and pay the caretaker $10. They are 32A 3 Phase plugs.

Do you have a portable charger? If so, you can always charge at the Bathurst Showgrounds, which is about a 10-15 min walk from the shops. Check out plugshare for details, but basically you arrange and pay the caretaker $10. They are 32A 3 Phase plugs.
Sadly I don't, and I left it too late to use the TOCA loan program. Apparently their nearest adapter is in Melbourne at the moment.

Actually its 32A, but I'm only charging at 16A due to single charger.
BTW, I've purchased an adapter from evnomics.

There are actually dozens of outlet boxes scattered throughout the grounds, about every 20 metres.

We charged at Abercrombie House (3p/32A) last Saturday en-route to the Blue Mountains. The house is a family home, however it is open to the public on a self guided basis for a fee ($15). They have 2 HPWC, but one is as the owner described to me a 'boutique' HPWC (1p/15A) and is used by guests on overnight stays.

Access to the high power one is across the paddock immediately to the right as you enter the main gates. Look for tyre tracks heading off to the right at 45 degrees to the road. You will know if you are in the correct area if you pass two lovely 1930 era cars that are part of a growing attraction. The HPWC is on a power pole about 100m further on, and about 200m from the main gate.

We contacted the owners before our arrival by email and they made us hugely welcome. Cake and tea! They would also be able to answer if you could access 24hrs a day. Wonderful people...

When the Bathurst SC comes online this facility will be largely redundant.

Abercrombie House, Bathurst, NSW (2).JPG

Abercrombie House Tesla recharging (2).JPG