Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ability to buy Tesla Warranty via website gone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has never been very good at updating their website. The forum, for example, has disappeared before. I suspect all these items will be back in a few days.

This is probably just crazy unfounded optimism, but maybe they are revamping the ESA to make it more attractive because not enough people are buying it. They never dropped the ESA price when they extended the standard drive unit warranty to 8 years, even though the high cost of drive unit repairs or replacements (and the low reliability so far) was the biggest reason to buy the ESA. So it would be really nice if they dropped the ESA price or dropped the deductible or both.

The links for the pre paid service plans and extended service agreement are missing from my account too. I was able to purchase the pre paid service plan through the Rockville Service Center today. No change in the price for the pre paid service plans.

I was going to buy the plan today and could not do this online today. Then I called in to a service center to by by phone and they told me that if I did not buy the service plan package within 60 days of buying the car that I could not longer get that discounted deal for the 4 service plans. Shucks I got my car in late October.

Interestingly, last night when I noticed the MyTesla page changed, it *did* have the links to buy the service plan and ESA.

But I went back today, and *poof*, it's gone. I sure hope the price doesn't go up, since I was planning on using referral credit to get the ESA this month when my car goes in for the annual service. Waiting could turn out to be a tactical error.

Looks like they are doing a site redo. My page is now completely different than last week. And, honestly, I rarely look. I hope that this is just an in-stream issue and not a new policy. I hope, I hope.

They took away Ranger, which was a BIG selling point for me. And I feel robbed by that. I fear that the suits have taken over and we are now looking at dealing with a GM-type corp.

Oh how I hope not. But I am doubtful.

I was going to buy the plan today and could not do this online today. Then I called in to a service center to by by phone and they told me that if I did not buy the service plan package within 60 days of buying the car that I could not longer get that discounted deal for the 4 service plans. Shucks I got my car in late October.

I always thought you had until 30 days before your original warranty expired but now that I think about that doesn't make sense because of the mileage. Hmmmm However I am talking about the extended warranty not the service plan but still...

I always thought you had until 30 days before your original warranty expired but now that I think about that doesn't make sense because of the mileage. Hmmmm However I am talking about the extended warranty not the service plan but still...

Remember -- there are 2 types of plans:
- the discounted prepaid service -- that has always been required to be purchased within 30 days after delivery.
- the extended service plan (i.e. Extended warranty) -- that can be purchased within 30 days after the original warranty expired (or anytime before)...

So much ambiguity.
I also read and thought that you could buy the "extended service plan" within 30 days of going over 50,000.
TM emailed me and told me two things:
1) No deductible
2) Have to buy BEFORE reaching 50,000.
Sooo close to 50K! So I am limping along ... :)