Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ability to view side cameras while parallel parking.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would really like to be able to view the curb when I'm parallel parking. Do not want to goober up the wheels. Seems like it would not be a big deal - you can already view the side cameras on the thumb drive, so the ability is there. Set it up so that when the car is stopped or at a very low speed you can tap an icon and see where you are. Maybe the field of regard of the cameras cannot see that close, but it's with a shot.

Reactions: ModlS3XY
People have been asking for a top view for years. Agreed that there are no cameras under the side rear view mirror and under the front nose like other cars but with 8 cameras I am sure some sort of an around view is possible. It will be great to have it.

use side mirrors?
Yes well using that philosophy... might as well remove the rear view camera as can just use the rear view mirror. Then remove TACC and AP as just use the accelerator and brake pedals and steering wheel manually. Then might as well get rid of the MCU and go back to paper maps. Then before you know it we are back in the 1980’s.

Yes well using that philosophy... might as well remove the rear view camera as can just use the rear view mirror. Then remove TACC and AP as just use the accelerator and brake pedals and steering wheel manually. Then might as well get rid of the MCU and go back to paper maps. Then before you know it we are back in the 1980’s.

lol what? the rear view camera shows what you cannot see out the middle mirror, which is quite a lot. manually driving is far superior to TACC and AP, and there's nothing wrong with paper maps.

the rear facing side cameras show pretty much the same thing as the side mirrors in regards to what is visible. there's literally no need to project what the side cameras are seeing because it's in the mirror! that's like displaying what the front facing cameras are capturing...