Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Abnormal drain after teslafi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hello everybody, last week i have tried a teslafi account and linked my xp100d. After a couple of days i noticed that since i signed in it has been draining my battery a lot so i chamged my tesla.com password. The problem is that since then the drain is still abnormal minus 6km in 6 hours while parked. Anyone has any clue?

I don't recall if it was Teslifi or one of the other monitoring aps, but the ap kept hitting the car for information when parked, so it never went to sleep and vampire drain was huge. I know there is another monitoring ap that specifically says it was designed to not increase vampire drain, but I don't recall the name right now. I know Ben Sullins who has a YouTube channel is involved in that project. He's talked about it on some of his videos.

I don't recall if it was Teslifi or one of the other monitoring aps, but the ap kept hitting the car for information when parked, so it never went to sleep and vampire drain was huge. I know there is another monitoring ap that specifically says it was designed to not increase vampire drain, but I don't recall the name right now. I know Ben Sullins who has a YouTube channel is involved in that project. He's talked about it on some of his videos.
But the thing is i changed the password and teslafi cannot access the car anymore..

hello everybody, last week i have tried a teslafi account and linked my xp100d. After a couple of days i noticed that since i signed in it has been draining my battery a lot so i chamged my tesla.com password. The problem is that since then the drain is still abnormal minus 6km in 6 hours while parked. Anyone has any clue?

Perhaps something to try to see if your cars sleep during the night. Note it refers to being in a tagged location (grey text). ie. you can define a named tag for your house location. Just click on the address in TeslaFI in the days entries and it start/stops at 'home'.

TeslaFi - Battery Degradation Reports (upload your data)

"Here are my settings, car goes to sleep no problem (and stays asleep). Typically goes to sleep in 43 minutes. I have "Deep Sleep" option off."

Ufez1sFWjeq1N1a2qIXU8LexCE97JhYltUo7N4MjXW-WuDP7uR0A1PbLFteGmuhrEw27pUF08V0MJo4tJJkL_uYZvMep7aPBWNGxvRP02bQfxci7RWXmlA=s0-d-e1-ft

Also check you car's settings. The app I tried switched the car to "Never Sleep" and I had to manually change it back. I forget where it is in the menus, but there is a control for how the car goes into sleep mode.

Same thing happened to me. When I first picked up my MXP100D, I had to make a quick business trip to Italy, and left my car at the airport. I monitored it a couple of times while away and noticed it was losing roughly seven miles per day! That felt like a lot to me. I turned off all polling via teslafi, and the drain dropped significantly -- it dropped from ~7 miles per day to about 2 miles per day. Doesn't sound like a lot, but it adds up over time. I was gone six days.