Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Abnormal Tire Wear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So Tesla covered the tires? one of mine was exactly like that at 7500 miles and the other was close behind + I had rotated my tires 2 times by then
I hope my alignment was fixed with the new rear bolts at my 1 year service. Tires seem to be wearing a little better but I have been using 2 sets now and rotate monthly

I happened to be scheduled for an alignment today at the Rockville Service Center. I gave them a copy of the article. My toe was way off on both rear wheels and the front passenger side wheel. For the rear, instead of a toe in the range of 0.1 to 0.3, the left rear was -0.2 and the right rear was -0.05 (opposite from what it should be). The right front was 0.09 instead of being in the range of -0.2 to 0.0 (also opposite from what it should be). I suggest people with the Michelin tires (which I have) get the alignment checked, as these tires cost $755 each.

I happened to be scheduled for an alignment today at the Rockville Service Center. I gave them a copy of the article. My toe was way off on both rear wheels and the front passenger side wheel. For the rear, instead of a toe in the range of 0.1 to 0.3, the left rear was -0.2 and the right rear was -0.05 (opposite from what it should be). The right front was 0.09 instead of being in the range of -0.2 to 0.0 (also opposite from what it should be). I suggest people with the Michelin tires (which I have) get the alignment checked, as these tires cost $755 each.

I think you are right for early production cars, the newer ones are suppose to be in spec from factory.