TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

About car covers for the Model X

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Jrogville, May 28, 2017.

1. Jrogville

Jrogville Member

I did a search and it looks like it's been about a year since this has been discussed. There are a lot more Model X's on the road now, so perhaps there are also a few more choices.

Obviously, there are the Tesla and EVannex that are well known. But I wondered if there is experience with any others. I always garage my cars, so those two look to be too expensive for what I need. I'm looking for something that I could use very short term if I happen to park under a tree while visiting somewhere or a similar situation where I might feel the car needs protection from stuff falling on it while I'm out.

@bonnie recently posted about a windshield sunscreen that she was happy with and I noticed that store also sells a custom car cover that's a lot less expensive. And it includes the option of having the charging port opening and venting for the battery. You get what you pay for, of course, but I wonder if given the price, is it a decent quality and fit?

https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/product/custom-block-it-200-car-cover.C-CCB2

It would be great to find out if people know of any other choices.

2. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I can't speak to the quality of the Model X car cover, but I did purchase an outdoor cover from Covercraft for my Roadster. Heavy duty, fit perfectly, had all the right cutouts for charging/venting. It's still like new, after a heavy winter of use. Based on my experience with the Roadster, I plan to get a cover for the X from them. (And I love my windshield sunscreen. Fits perfectly, heavy duty, protects the dash from hot sun when I'm parked.)

3. Jrogville

Jrogville Member

That's a pretty good indication. And I noticed from the web site that the store has been around for over 50 years. I give that a lot of stock.