Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

About Front Trunk Dimensions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Back in January of 2016, @vangogh posted a photo of the front trunk dimensions per the attached photo, but they seem kind of large. I seem to remember that the X's without the HEPA filters, which would have been those models that did not choose the Premium Upgrade Package, initially had larger trunks. Could this be one of those? Are the trunks with PUP this large?

Frunk (1).jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Jivas
There is no difference in front-trunk sizes between PUP and non-PUP. In fact, at one point you could buy the HEPA filter upgrade in the Tesla on-line store and have it retrofitted to a non-PUP vehicle. It is my understanding that all Model-X front-trunks are the exact same size.

Wasn't the story that the base S (before refresh) had the 'full' frunk, and the PUP shrunk it for the filter? And now (after refresh) they are always the same (shrunk) frunk. (I'm really not trying to be cute... :) )

The X I assume was always that way (smaller frunk)....

Open to correction, as keeping track of ever-updating Teslas is a mind-game of its own...

Wasn't the story that the base S (before refresh) had the 'full' frunk, and the PUP shrunk it for the filter? And now (after refresh) they are always the same (shrunk) frunk. (I'm really not trying to be cute... :) )

The X I assume was always that way (smaller frunk)....

Open to correction, as keeping track of ever-updating Teslas is a mind-game of its own...

The RWD S, a least at one point in time, had a larger frunk than the AWD S.