Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

About PPF

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have seen a lot of threads here on PPF, but nobody mentions warranty. Here's my story. In 2013 I bought a brand new Chevy pickup. I had the front nose of the hood covered with PPF from a professional installer. It was made by 3M, and cost me $175 back then. Now after approx 4 years, the edges started to peel up, and got a lot of dirt stuck on them as they were sticky. I took it back to the installer and we dug out the warranty paperwork, which said it was good for 5 years. They got on the phone and called someone, and came back and told me this. Good news and bad news. The film was covered by warranty, but the new labor was not. It would cost me $200 for them to remove and replace the old film with new film, which would not have any warranty left. Keep in mind that these were prices back then.

Has anyone else had problems after a few years with the PPF? And just what kind of warranty are you getting when you have it done?