Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

About time to unveil the D and something else

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the big thing is the "something else" and we should focus on that. Remember Steve Jobs' "one more thing " Which turned out to be the big thing? My guess is the Model X and prototype of the Model D which used to be called Model III.

ÓÖÊdz¤Öá¾à ÌØ˹À­Ò²²»ÄÜÃâË× _ÕżҿÚÔÚÏß

avxeafr1809763.jpg

Model S DP85 with more than 3m wheelbase? That Chinese website hints to information from an "insider".

I don't care how good computers are at driving on the highway. They're likely never be able to navigate all the unexpected things that can happen on the highway [...]

And humans can? All the driverless technology needs to do is be better than humans. And that is a) almost certainly already the case for test vehicles, and b) not particularly difficult considering the average low level of human driver care and attention.

My guess is a 500 mile range battery for the Model S. D means 500 in Roman numerals.
Double decker battery pack, added cost for the option about $20,000.

I can't see how you'd add another 3-4 inches in thickness to the pack without a major redesign.

Edit: Also, the resulting vehicle will weigh more than 3 tons.:scared:

Last edited:
I'm an X reservation holder yes. I'm also an S sig owner, so it could be that too *shrug*

I am both as well, so could be triggered by either. I think it is almost inconceivable that this event will NOT include the X beta, so I expect all X res holders to be invited.

My speculation about Tesla saying it is at "Hawthorne Airport" rather than at the Design Center is just that they are expecting bigger than ever crowds for this! They must be setting up a big tent or something. Maybe they are also setting up a bigger test ride circuit for the X betas.