Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

About time to unveil the D and something else

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seen in the wild by a friend...
For those viewing from a small screen device:
P85D.png

Certainly not Hawthorne. Looks like a small airport in Mojave.

That Beechcraft is registered in Mojave, CA. Full info on that plane: Aircraft Data N5717V, 1966 Beech 35-C33 C/N CD-1027

There is no location information in the EXIF data, but there is a date and time, Sept 19,2014 @ 3:08:30PM (Assume PDT): http://regex.info/exif.cgi?imgurl=h...ent.php?attachmentid=60535&stc=1&d=1412283419

Odd, my query came up with Ridgecrest, CA as the owner's hometown: N5717V Aircraft Registration ✈ FlightAware (et al.)

FlightAware.com shows a flight back on 6/28 landing at KIYK, Inyokern Airport, Inyokern, CA.

KIYK is 10 miles from Ridgecrest, so I'm guessing that picture is KIYK:
Inyokern, CA to Ridgecrest, CA - Google Maps

At 3pm, the sun would be to the southwest. With the shadow on the right side of the car and a little behind the car, I'd guess it's parked facing roughly due west.

Here's the Google streetview on W Inyokern Rd (rt 178), just south of the airport, looking west:
Google Maps

Looks like one of the prior owners forgot their GUMPS check - gear up landing reported on 1/27/07: Mastery Flight Training

EDIT: Feh. Looks like I spent too much time researching; others beat me. Well, at least I was the only one to guess a view to the west...

Will Tesla Finally Unveil An Insane Model S Supercar? | TechCrunch

Techcrunch claims their sources are indicating it's a souped up AWD performance S. I would tend to believe they have access to sources at the company.

The AWD Model S will not be insane thanks to the ACC and the Drive assist. On the contrary it will be a very safe car IMO.

To this concern I would like to point out that the linked article doesn't mention the safety features that will be implemented on the AWD Model S.

Why did your "friend" not take more pics?

She didn't realize the significance of what she was looking at. Yes, the airport was Inyo-Kern. The aircraft in the background is not hers and had nothing to do with the picture, she doesn't drive a Chevy (she's a corporate pilot there on a charter). There is a side-view picture she took, but it looks like a stock P85+ (grey wheels, red brakes).

Elon had previously stated that AWD would appear on the "X" prior to the "S". I would take an announcement of an AWD S as a sign that the X is nearing ready! As Model X Signature #1, that's real exciting!