Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

About time to unveil the D and something else

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another thing: We know that the maximum power of the Model S is currently limited by the battery. Since that probably won't change, it would make little sense for a dual drive version to be powered by two of the large and heavy full size motors they are now using, each at half power.

I predict that Tesla will instead be using two brand new, smaller inverter, motor and reduction units - which we will later find in the Model 3, working singly. 210hp for one motor in an assumed Model 3+ version, maybe 170hp for one with a smaller, cheaper inverter for the normal Model 3 version.

Since that probably won't change, it would make little sense for a dual drive version to be powered by two of the large and heavy full size motors they are now using, each at half power.
Just plain wrong.
Maximum battery power is a limiter only between 45 and 75 mph.
Below and above that speed Model S has lower maximum power than what battery can output.
Dual drive units (two same units as current rear drive train) would widen that "maximum power output window" to 20 - 130 mph.

Given clues like the level of the bay door opening and Elon's comment that he's glad he didn't use both letters, I think it's pretty obvious.

Drink Holders.

In the doors. If the bay door was open past the start of the windshield, you'd be able to see the lids of the coffee cups.
And it's October. Here in the US, that means postseason baseball, which means revisiting the American League's use of a Designated Hitter (DH).

My guess - like the BMW - M series, Audi R series, MB - AMG, the 'D' (stands for Dynamo - get it?) is going to be the supercar performance version of the MS. It will be dual motor, sub 4.0 0-60 mph, and be tricked out with air dams, lots of wide rubber and other cool goodies. BTW -who needs side mirrors when everyone else is way behind you? And the something else is a re-introduced Roadster. (probably proto Model X but I'm hoping)

I think it may be a distorted (fun house mirror) view of some building off to the right ride of the car. From looking at pictures of the airport it looks like the car was parked next a fence besides some hangar buildings. It could be a very distorted reflection of something like this:

He wasn't talking about reflections on the car, he was talking about the car shadow on the ground.

I disagree. A Signature owner, Roadster, S or X is the audience. There must be something new that appeals to all Signature owners. Something worthy of a Signature badge.

It just needs to be something so appealing that us Signature owners would consider giving up the badge to get "it." For me, AWD is close to that. But we will probably just buy the Model X to satisfy that slot in our garage.

It just needs to be something so appealing that us Signature owners would consider giving up the badge to get "it." For me, AWD is close to that. But we will probably just buy the Model X to satisfy that slot in our garage.

Zero interest in an X for our garage but show me a P85D with dual motor AWD and < 3.7 sec 0 to 60 and you have my interest. Add on ramp to off ramp autonomous cruise or even just guaranteed upgrade to it and throw in access to signature red and I will be fighting to be first to write a deposit check!

Dan Edmunds just tweeted that there is a Tesla Model S AWD on the list of cars at the Paris autoshow.

dan_edmunds.png