Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

About time to unveil the D and something else

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad he did not mention the other letter? What could that be? DP seems closest but then so could D/S?
Not gonna be diesel, never will have conventional motor associated with Tesla.
Driverless? Mentioned on conference call I think-"by the fall can get on CA interstate and it will drive you from on ramp to exit" or something like that. But it is a feature, not likely to impact model name.
Model name? Didn't they already name Gen 3?
Years ago he tweeted hiring people for truck design, but now seems too soon. And it sits too low, unless it is like the El Camino?
I would love 2 door coupe, but get nothing with D in the name.

My realistic expectation is nobody gets it right, everyone over guesses,and all are let down by real thing.

OK, Michiganmodels has nailed the D for dual motor. I think prefix lettering because for the Model S at least it'll be a performance option.

I think it'll be great for them to get dual motor out there, because it should make it clear that 4WD is done for the X and the X is coming.

Hmmmm... AWD Model S = D and the X reveal. Will that make me rethink the X? Things that make you go hmmmm.... Anyone know a pill that can knock me out until then? I'll go crazy waiting that many days! :scared:

According to a South Park episode, the proper response here is to go bury yourself in the snow up in the mountains. That's how Cartman survived the wait for the new Wii console. Just be careful, because you could go into suspended animation for 400+ years when you do this. :)

I bet their orders just came crashing to a halt as everyone waits until the 9th to place order for dual motors

Any speculation on how long it will take from October 9th, until the DP can be ordered? Until they start rolling off the line? Until deliveries?

I'm sure this isn't going to be like Apple, where they announce one day, you can order the next and expect delivery 2-3 weeks thereafter. I wonder if they'll allow people in the production queue to do an option upgrade without losing their positions? :confused: