Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

About to join the Tesla club, help needed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone
I’m about to join the Tesla brigade with a new P100D Model X, as ordering at the weekend.

However, I’m hoping you can all help me learn a few things please?

I hear that some of the Model X’s are called Ravens, is this just a USA thing?

I also hear that the mobile connection isn’t great, is it just the functionality, or the actual hands free part I should examine?

I also listen to Audible a huge amount via my phone, will I still be able to do this easily?

can you recommend the best home charger to get and any hints and tips re the charger

I am coming from.BMW X5 hybrid, any other things I should consider examining before I push the buy button?

You're actually getting a Model X Performance if you're buying a new X; the P100D is no longer a thing. "Raven" is the internal name for the latest revision to the X, from mid last year. We call them Raven's here just so people know which revision we're talking about.

Hands-free is fine I hear; it just doesn't have the bells and whistles of a full blown Apple Car Play or Android Auto.

Audible should be A-OK from your phone.

I know people like the HWPC (the hard-wired Tesla Wall Connector). I just purchased one myself and am getting it installed next Tuesday, but have no experience with it.

Reactions: Mart
You're actually getting a Model X Performance if you're buying a new X; the P100D is no longer a thing. "Raven" is the internal name for the latest revision to the X, from mid last year. We call them Raven's here just so people know which revision we're talking about.

Hands-free is fine I hear; it just doesn't have the bells and whistles of a full blown Apple Car Play or Android Auto.

Audible should be A-OK from your phone.

I know people like the HWPC (the hard-wired Tesla Wall Connector). I just purchased one myself and am getting it installed next Tuesday, but have no experience with it.

Brilliant thank you, cleared that up for me, been a bit worried as Apple Car play has been excellent and it’s one of only a few negatives that I heard against the car, just a HUGE outlay and don’t want to be ‘I should’ve have asked’ :)

please keep me in the loop re your thoughts of the charger when you get it installed, would appreciate your view

and thanks again for the advice and help!! :)

Reactions: wreighven
I'd recommend getting a HWPC, it's permanent and it'll allow you to keep the UMC (mobile charger) in your car when you take trips and charge with either 110v or 220v (14-50).

Tesla has a lot of tech but not so much bells and whistles that other luxury cars may have. They just recently supported text message reading, you would think that would have happened awhile ago. Then again, you can stream video and play games:D and get OTA updates.

Otherwise you'll love the drive, performance, and all the other EV benefits. Happy to join the family!

Brilliant thank you, cleared that up for me, been a bit worried as Apple Car play has been excellent and it’s one of only a few negatives that I heard against the car, just a HUGE outlay and don’t want to be ‘I should’ve have asked’ :)

please keep me in the loop re your thoughts of the charger when you get it installed, would appreciate your view

and thanks again for the advice and help!! :)

I recently installed my own wall charger and am getting ready to install another one. I set mine up with a 60A 240v circuit and it provides 48A to the car when I first plug it in. I believe I am getting 35 mi/hr initially. That is a lot better than 4 mi/hr when I use the UMC with 120v!

I'd recommend getting a HWPC, it's permanent and it'll allow you to keep the UMC (mobile charger) in your car when you take trips and charge with either 110v or 220v (14-50).

Tesla has a lot of tech but not so much bells and whistles that other luxury cars may have. They just recently supported text message reading, you would think that would have happened awhile ago. Then again, you can stream video and play games:D and get OTA updates.

Otherwise you'll love the drive, performance, and all the other EV benefits. Happy to join the family!
Thanks, great advice :)

Reactions: wreighven
Thanks for confirming, I listen to audible a lot on a 2 hour commute to work wouldn’t like to have lost it :)
If you haven’t heard this one, it’s worth a credit.
B80DF3E4-1A09-46FD-8FBF-71E68F9EDC3E.png

I have 2 chargers in 2 different hses. LUV them! s/law has the one that comes with car hooked up in his garage as various other friends have done. I prefer what I did..very neat looking..theirs hangs like its a choking animal. not pretty! also it's a much faster chg..go for it long term I think you will be quite pleased