Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

About to order a 75D - sanity check my spec pls ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there

Glass Roof / Cream Premium / 19" Grey Slipstream / Carbon Fibre / Light Headliner / Midnight Silver / Enhanced Autopilot

I'm based in Dublin - so shouldnt need the subzero stuff etc ? Presumably there is nothing else to consider in terms of options ? When ordering, I've read about using a referral code - I don't know any other Tesla owners and cannot see how it benefits me as I believe there is only currently 1 supercharger in the country ?

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

P

cannot see how it benefits me as I believe there is only currently 1 supercharger in the country

Presumably that will increase? The referral code is of benefit to the recipient - either for some "stash" (often limited-edition only available through referrals) or, for those who have loads of referrals, opportunity for significant Founders discount on the next model

I gave mine to Bjørn Nyland as I found his videos helpful.
Bjørn Nyland

I wonder if buyer-discount will come back with a future referral program?

Reactions: DriveMe
We are not supposed to post referral codes here, so I won't. But you could send me a private message and I will give you one. Or any other Tesla owner on here could give you one. There is no downside to using one. Someday you might find the supercharging more useful than it seems to be now.

As for the cold weather package, it is now part of the premium upgraded interior (at least, that is the case here in the US). Personally, I find it handy to have, but I can't suggest that you spend the equivalent of $5000 to get the premium interior, just to get the cold weather features. It is a shame that Tesla lumped all that stuff together.

In any case, I certainly hope you enjoy your car! It will take a while to get to you in Ireland, but it will be worth the wait!

Hi there

Glass Roof / Cream Premium / 19" Grey Slipstream / Carbon Fibre / Light Headliner / Midnight Silver / Enhanced Autopilot

I'm based in Dublin - so shouldnt need the subzero stuff etc ? Presumably there is nothing else to consider in terms of options ? When ordering, I've read about using a referral code - I don't know any other Tesla owners and cannot see how it benefits me as I believe there is only currently 1 supercharger in the country ?

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

P
While there's currently only one Supercharger in Ireland, there will be more in the future. In the past, free Supercharging continued on with new owners but the current promotion would only allow you to keep free Supercharging as long as you own the car. Hopefully you will be able to enjoy driving your Tesla around Ireland and Northern Ireland for free. Also, if you were ever to take your car on a road trip around Europe, you would be able to travel anywhere for free (once your car got off the ferry).

Current and planned Superchargers in Ireland and Northern Ireland:

2017-11-10_1132.png

Feel free to PM if you need a referral code.

• Informative
Reactions: David29
As others have said, you should definitely use a referral code to benefit from free supercharging. It stays with the car so if you were to sell it privately in the future it will add value.

Another thing you may not have considered is whether you will ever need a roofrack. That option is only available on the sunroof version and the mounting holes are not present on panoramic roof cars.

Good luck with your purchase!

• Informative
Reactions: Big Earl
As others have said, you should definitely use a referral code to benefit from free supercharging. It stays with the car so if you were to sell it privately in the future it will add value
Sadly this is no longer true. Free supercharging on new orders only applies for the first owner. From the current referral program T&C:

Free unlimited Supercharging will only apply to the original vehicle owner and only for the duration of original vehicle ownership.

@podge it looks like you’re sorted for a code, but if you have any other questions about the order process or lead times feel free to DM me.
The wait is killer from order to delivery!

Personally I wouldn't pay for the grey wheel upgrade, it's far cheaper to get them painted aftermarket.

You may as well use a referral code, but I would pick someone local to take it from (ask your Tesla dealer for a recommendation) so that you can use their goodwill to answer any questions you may have and give you tips on local EV usage etc. Every Tom, Dick and Harry on the forums will shamelessly offer you a referral code even if they live thousands of miles away!

Edit: you may also want to consider not paying for EAP if you are not driving very much on motorways.

I am in the UK and have my car being picked up on Tuesday. I went with the Premium Upgrade Pack in part due to the stereo but also the sub zero pack. You may not feel you need the sub zero BUT if you consider that in an ICE car the engine heats the engine bay, it therefore defrost the nozzles and pipes etc. However, there is no heating like that in a Tesla so if you want anything to defrost in cold weather it will take a lot longer.

I would usually always recommend the larger battery option, but in your case I think it really makes no sense.
I live in Los Angeles. We don't know what winter is here, but I love my heated seats. LOL I think heated seats are not a cold weather things, it's a comfort thing.

Reactions: cybergates
Referral code as others advise will be a great advantage when more superchargers arrive in Ireland but especially so if you come to the UK or drive in Europe. Like others happy to give you a referral code if you PM me. I have a MX 100D on order for delivery in March.

Nice combination - as Peteski said, personally I wouldn't pay the £1,400 for the grey wheels (was £2,400 until last week or the week before) as in reality you could get them done whatever colour you want for £400 max (£65-£75 per wheel around me) and they do a great job.

I saw the cream premium in a P100D when I test drove my 75D last week and it does look rather nice. I just couldn't do it myself as know the kids will ruin it like they did the RRS cream leather although the premium seats are not leather and made to be hard wearing. The Carbon Fibre really sets it off which would have been a selection I did but went for a new inventory model instead but can live without that as it has everything else I wanted.

Definitely use a referral code to get your free supercharging. Even if you don't use it for now it may come in useful in the future for you and they are forever expanding the supercharger locations.

Everyone has their choice options and for me the sub zero wasn't on the high priority list. The front seats are heated anyway (sub zero adds the rear seats, steering wheel, washers and wiper rests) and I have read that its beneficial to charge the car which warms up the batteries before you leave which will help with range. Also can set the heating before you head off so its nice and warm in the winter months so perhaps not needed. The HEPA system is good for anyone with asthma or other conditions or that drive a lot in congested places. Would be nice to have them split out so each could be selected but hey ho we are where we are :) Naturally depending on the audio enhancements and what you want then this might be a requirement. I found that the standard system was more than good enough for me as was a vast improvement from my current car.

I have found that if you search new inventory you get certain results but most S's (not all) are standard suspension etc. and I struggled to find what I wanted but when using my iPhone (not sure on Android) and doing a custom order and then scrolling at the bottom it says New vehicles available which when selected showed me some cars I didn't see on the new inventory. Changing various options and colours etc. would then show other cars as well so a bit of hit and miss but worth checking with your local Tesla to see what they have on their internal database.

• Informative
Reactions: arcus
$85000 is about right - thats what we bought. Blue / cream / EAP / glass roof / 19" silver.

Not sure the wheel upgrade makes sense. Have you seen the silver with cream - did you look at the projection when you bought it? I imagine you did . . .. I'm thinking the silver and white would look a lot better - the cream and white are equally going to be dirt hounds - given Ireland, I'd probably order some rubber mats from Weathertech or some equivalent European company for the floors - you are going to need someplace for the dirt and water to go.

I'm impressed - the Tesla's are big cars =- and I've driven in Ireland - get outside Dublin the streets are narrow - and the rural roads always have stone walls right next to them! Plus, you're not on the 'right' side of the road! :D

Last edited:
Thanks very much to one and all for the advice and copious offers of referral codes.. A fellow 'Paddy' contacted me on Sunday with his code and I pressed the great big 'PLACE ORDER' button soon after that. Now I'm going to try and put all 'Tesla' thoughts out of my head until next year...

Once again, I appreciate all the advice.

P

Thanks very much to one and all for the advice and copious offers of referral codes.. A fellow 'Paddy' contacted me on Sunday with his code and I pressed the great big 'PLACE ORDER' button soon after that. Now I'm going to try and put all 'Tesla' thoughts out of my head until next year...

P

Nice one. Glad you found a local referral code too. Enjoy!

P
I would've done the same. Congrats on your order and if you succeed in putting Tesla thoughts out of your head, please share with us :)

• Funny
Reactions: Fleetham