TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

About to Order - couple of questions

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by tstafford, Jul 8, 2018.

1. tstafford

tstafford Supporting Member

I'm coming off my lease and was thinking I'd take a break from Tesla but I can't do it. I'm addicted.

Question One: Can I refer myself? I have a referral code and simply want to have free Supercharging on the new car. If I use my own referral code, will that work?

Question Two: What kind of actual delivery times are people seeing right now on new MS orders? My lease return is 8/17 so I've waited too long. Just curious how long I'll be w/o a Tesla.

Question Three: Anything else I should know right now? I haven't been keeping up to date on Tesla as it all sounds like kind of bad news and M3 production issues. I'm guessing there are no substantiated rumors about anything cool coming for the MS - so why not just order now and enjoy, right?

If you care my planned config is:
    100D, Midnight Silver, white interior, EAP
    I'll be leasing again because it keeps me on a planned upgrade path which has worked fairly well this time.

• Funny x 1
  2. dedicatedtek

dedicatedtek Member

Check inventory with a Tesla rep. It's possible they could find what you want. Also lease extension may be another option.

• Informative x 1
  3. johnster007

johnster007 Member

Yes you can use your own code.

• Like x 1
  4. tstafford

Thanks folks.

Lease extension is definitely an option for a month or two and I have other cars to fill the gap.

5. SpudLime

SpudLime Member

Look st the spreadsheet to see order to delivery numbers.

6. tstafford

Thanks.

7. tpham07

tpham07 Active Member

You can refer yourself.

I'd guess about 6 weeks.

No issues, don't believe the overhyped media.

he's a current Tesla owner. he doesn't need your shameless plugging of your referral code. You seem to be spamming your code everywhere on TMC.

• Like x 1
  8. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

A bit harsh, he's just trying to get ahead like we all are.

9. GeorgeSymonds

GeorgeSymonds Member

Yes you can refer yourself although they like continuity of ownership. A break in ownership can cancel the rewards (but you still get the free supercharging).

At least one inventory site has about 1000 new inventory listed in the US, if you want to go that way there's plenty to choose from whether you talk to Tesla or just surf the stock yourself..