Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

About to purchase 2019 M3 AP Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

I might be purchasing a model 3 today. its a 2019 AWD LR made in January of 2019. Im assuming its HW2.5.

On the screen, it shows Navigate on Autopilot Beta and Summon Beta. Does this mean the previous owner purchased the FSD capabilities for the car?

Thanks for your guidance and excited to join the family!

Seems high even it’s just been sitting for a year after being delivered. You can get new for that practically.
LOL,yeah. A Brand new 2020 model LR AWD(basic) would be $48,990(plus the $1,200 destination and taxes, etc) without FSD. Even with FSD that only goes up to $55,990.

If purchased in Jan 2019, they got the $3,750 Fed rebate, and if in CA, they got $2,500....so they are trying to MAKE money on the car after 2 years of owning it. As Elon said, it is an Appreciating Asset!

That would be a definite hard no from me. I would probably go for a Stealth for $51ish and pass on FSD(can always add it in the future if they get improvements.

While the Fed rebate is gone, you would still be eligible for the $2,000 CA rebate(and potential energy company rebates)

LOL,yeah. A Brand new 2020 model LR AWD(basic) would be $48,990(plus the $1,200 destination and taxes, etc) without FSD. Even with FSD that only goes up to $55,990.

If purchased in Jan 2019, they got the $3,750 Fed rebate, and if in CA, they got $2,500....so they are trying to MAKE money on the car after 2 years of owning it. As Elon said, it is an Appreciating Asset!

That would be a definite hard no from me. I would probably go for a Stealth for $51ish and pass on FSD(can always add it in the future if they get improvements.

While the Fed rebate is gone, you would still be eligible for the $2,000 CA rebate(and potential energy company rebates)

Oh I explained that to them on the phone that I could get a brand new 2020 for that and they had no explanation other than that’s what the general manager set it at. These dealerships have no idea what they are even selling.

Reactions: ZappCatt

Also, how could you tell if it was a stealth or not? Is it just the red line under dual motor on the screen without the spoiler and calipers?

Oh I explained that to them on the phone that I could get a brand new 2020 for that and they had no explanation other than that’s what the general manager set it at. These dealerships have no idea what they are even selling.
The sad thing is, someone might just buy it for that or negotiate down to 52K and think they’ve won.. I will say this: I would almost pay a $1,000 premium on a new car or $500 on used just to not deal with Tesla sales as in my experience (and apparently many others) it’s nothing short of amateur night.

That’s not to say there isn’t great sales advisors out there who will move earth and water for you to the best of their ability but almost anyone who’s been through the process and has a decent point of reference with other high end brands will or should agree that the system is fundamentally dysfunctional.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZappCatt
has a decent point of reference with other high end brands will or should agree that the system is fundamentally dysfunctional.

My last few vehicles have been Cadillacs, all of which cost significantly more than my Model 3.

That said - I wouldn’t call the Tesla delivery process flawed; in fact, my experience was perfect. I ordered online; received all the paperwork ahead of time, and picked up a detailed, fully charged, flawless vehicle. The sales advisor spent over an hour going through the entire vehicle with us, answering questions etc.

Smoothest delivery I’ve ever had. No F&I guy pimping protection plans, no “Let me run that by my manager” nonsense ... just an easy deal.

The Cadillac experience was fine too - but I’d take the Tesla one any day of the week.

Reactions: Fresnel and Zaxxon