Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

About to purchase a high mileage model s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi y'all I'll keep it small and short, huge car guy, mostly Japanese vehicle, had Supra,nsx,skyline gtr, and just sold my 93 rx7,

I'm about to purchase a

2014 model s
P84
124k on it
White/grey
No pano
Tech package
High fidelity sound I think that's what it's called.
Parking sensor all around.

It from what I've been reading does not have autopilot....

Is this something you can add? At the dealer or any idea?

I see a camera on the rear view mirror and have parking sensor all over, power folding mirrors etc...

Vehicle was made in 09/14

Any ways looking forward to getting this vehicle pretty soon

Some late model 2014 P85s are AP1 capable ..check for sensor below nose cone and camera facing front of car in the rear view mirror if has the hardware the SC can enable for fee ..if no HW they can’t retrofit

No, you cannot add autopilot hardware. The best way to know if you have it from pictures is to look at the grille below the front license plate. If there is a black square there, there is autopilot (that is the radar sensor).

From the production date, it could be possible, but not probable.

Ya I don't have it unfortunately oh well
I've never heard of a car having the autopilot camera but not bumper sensor. Is your camera an aftermarket dash cam? If not, perhaps it didn't have AP activated and a front collision required replacement of the bumper cover and they went with non-AP version because it wasn't activated? Don't throw in the towel without checking with service center.

Enjoy your new car!

Ya it definitely has the camera on the front windshield by the rear view mirror on top and I have I think 6 parking sensor around the whole vehicle 4 on the rear bumper and two on the front , my car does have the front plate but I didn't see that cone up front. There might be hope