Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ABRP Battery Degradation Comparison Post / Poll

Do you feel your degradation matches your expectation?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ABRP Battery.png

Unless I got the worst brand new battery in history, I think the calculation may be just a bit off... Also, every time I set it back to 0%, it either automatically changes to 5% or goes back to this.

Interesting, did you supercharge, since the app needs some data it can access when you supercharge, to come up with its "deg" percentage.

I have twice.

However, I think we figured out the problem. It seems like I have a sort of hybrid of the "old" and new LR Model 3. Mine was made the third week of September 2020. With 19" wheels it charges to 320mi at full, putting it at 340mi at full if I had 18" wheels. Today we took out the frunk and found that it does NOT have the heat pump (it is a 2020 model) but does have ~19mi longer range than the earlier 2020 Model 3.

Not sure when they starting producing these but we do know it is some time after June 2020. Happily take the extra range but ABRP doesn't seem to account for this hybrid model and consistently underestimates my range and displays weird things like the high battery degradation.

With the new refresh on model 3s and new ranges. Will older models get a range increase?

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
I have twice.

However, I think we figured out the problem. It seems like I have a sort of hybrid of the "old" and new LR Model 3. Mine was made the third week of September 2020. With 19" wheels it charges to 320mi at full, putting it at 340mi at full if I had 18" wheels. Today we took out the frunk and found that it does NOT have the heat pump (it is a 2020 model) but does have ~19mi longer range than the earlier 2020 Model 3.

Not sure when they starting producing these but we do know it is some time after June 2020. Happily take the extra range but ABRP doesn't seem to account for this hybrid model and consistently underestimates my range and displays weird things like the high battery degradation.

With the new refresh on model 3s and new ranges. Will older models get a range increase?
Wow, interesting.