Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ABRP Crapping Out on Trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You might be asking a lot from a free tool... You can split your planning in shorter segments. You know that you charge at specific places so use that as a split point. Plan the first leg and then use a set charge percentage for the second one.

That's not really practical. Every leg impacts any that follow. I literally only had so many hours to complete everything and needed to optimize the charging. Eventually it worked, but I was severely handicapped by the way the page would restart the whole map and routing calculations, every time i switched to a different tab or window. It would even flash up the map showing southern UK, which I believe is what it shows if you tell it nothing. The last iteration, it would delete one of my charging waypoints I added and replace is with a destination charger nearby.

The fact that the tool is free or costs money is not the issue. The issue is that intended functionality simply does not work in a useful way. Hmm... reminds me of my car! The autopilot was unusually determined to kill me today, even on the limited access highway where it is normally well-behaved. It even dove for a left side turnout at one point. I don't know if I need to install the next update, or maybe I've installed one too many!

I'm sorry that it didn't work well for you. I'll just say that if software was deemed unusable all the time until it could solve the most complicated problem of every user, we'd never get any software :p ABRP has gone a long way since the first time I used it. It's much much better now. Still, it still has its issues. The more we report them, hte more chances we have that they eventually get solved. I believe they have a forum where you could discuss this with them.

I'm sorry that it didn't work well for you. I'll just say that if software was deemed unusable all the time until it could solve the most complicated problem of every user, we'd never get any software :p ABRP has gone a long way since the first time I used it. It's much much better now. Still, it still has its issues. The more we report them, hte more chances we have that they eventually get solved. I believe they have a forum where you could discuss this with them.

I've tried reporting bugs, but there is no feedback, at all. It's like reporting problems at your bank's web site. You never know if anyone even reads them.